WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal | Syracusefan.com

WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal

Never quite lived up to his potential. It's too bad. Hopefully he finds a good landing spot.

Disappointing he couldn’t hit his potential here. He has everything you could want in a receiver from an athletic standpoint but could never seem to put it all together. Maybe a change of scenery will help.

Four or five year players are going to become a rarity. I bet a large percentage of players either elevate to a better deal or descend to a lower level with more playing time.

Four or five year players are going to become a rarity. I bet a large percentage of players either elevate to a better deal or descend to a lower level with more playing time.
He descends to lower level

20 receptions for 429...
1st 8 games...7 receptions for 161yds
last 5 games... 13 receptions for 268 yds

Damien has size and speed. Early on Anae/Beck/Shrader focused on Gadsden.
In the latter 3rd of the season Alford gained confidence.
I think this is a significant loss in the passing game... unless somebody is coming via the portal.

Not going to knock the kid, his last 2 games were his best 2 games IMO. He didn't opt out of the bowl game like others did. Has size and speed just wasn't consistent here.

Best of Luck to him.

Addition ally you are where we had transfers out, I think we did a better job of bringing in higher quality replacements at all positions except wide receiver.

Queenly didn't play much, and Courtney Jackson was ok, you doing okay we haven't worked replaced either one... And now we're taking another hit.

Needs to be addressed.

Alford is a loss.

Not a loss at all. Look at his games stats for just this year. He got everyone excited making 1-2 great catches every 3 games when largely he was a non factor on the field. In a year where we needed one more guy to really step up to help take pressure off GS he didn’t take advantage.

Wish him well like all portal guys but come on, he wouldn’t be on the 2 deep on most teams even in the ACC.

No worries. We have moar and better coming in
Lol, God bless ya bro, titanics sinking, let’s play some string music.

This one’s a killer imo, all the other ones previously I could side/agree mostly with the glass half fuller posters, not this kid, can't teach that body, he's already a great blocker. No this is the tipping point for me not so much for what he had done so far but for what he is going to do going forward, as his best days are ahead of him, gonna b a top notch wr soon for someone.

Can’t believe it is not going to be us, blows, another nut/gut punch for our syracuse fandom. We’re literally being poached now is my thought after seeing this one. Willing to bet some program with big NIL bank saw the potential with Alford and made their move, tampering etc., but it just doesn’t matter anymore, they’ll be no repercussions, no look see into this, no investigations as its now the wild Wild West. Anything goes no rules.

Like I said taj would flame out wherever he went, and caught heavy flack, the opposite is true for this kid, again, not for what he's done so far but for what he would've done and is going to do, now elsewhere. Huge loss, Billy Fuccillo huge. Fluck!!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom