WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal

Are all the people who said that Alford's potential loss was no big deal, now saying that his potential return is also no big deal?
It’s a #3/#4 receiver returning, is it better to have someone than not? Probably. Does that mean him leaving would’ve sunk the season? Not at all

Alford is a special athlete. You cant coach his skills. His speed, hands, and catch radius are at the top of NFL measurables. Simply put he is a specimen that will end up in an NFL camp.
Beck will get the most out of him. My expectations for him are as high if not higher than Gadsen.
I expect him to crush it next season
I'm bullish on Alford and I think he has the potential to be very good. I don't doubt he will get an invite to a camp or two based on his physical attributes, like you said. I think he needs to be a lot sharper next year on the field to get a serious look from an NFL team. Otherwise, I see him as one of those guys who gets 2 days in camp to really jump out with a "wow" play. There are probably >100 guys across college football at his current level of play that he will be competing with.

I would love for the switch to go on for him over the next 6 months.

his problem he doesnt really run routes he runs patterns.. That limits the things he can be called to do. He did however start to show that he can make contested catches and thats a skill that pros like to see

Oof, well, potato injuries are... are just, well... they're dreaded is what they are.

Years back on the hoops board there were multiple jokes that evolved from an expression a poster made (shaky potatoes) and a joke about a new poster that came in hot and got a reputation for having Danny Schayes' autograph on a potato. One night, Baye Keita left a game early, and there was an injury thread where myself and AZOrange joked about him having "potato knee." Some folks weren't amused and the jokes got deleted, but the spirit lives on in reference to body part injuries like "the dreaded potato ankle."
Oh ok. Interesting story but I must admit, I still don’t get it. Guess I had to be there.

Shaky potatoes. whats funny is my daughter had a knee injury last year running track, diagnosed with a sprained MCL but I still say it’s the potato knee! Family doesn’t find it as amusing as I do. Imagine that?
Dude if memory serves me you are the one that started the whole shaky potato knee thing! Can’t for the life of me remember the specifics though. Lol

The first rule of SyracuseFan.com is you don't talk about SyracuseFan.com.
The second rule of SyracuseFan.com is you don't talk about SyracuseFan.com.

I feel sorta bad about this, but when I met Consigliere at the bowl game, Cuseregular in his booming voice pulls the this is Bayside44 who is always on the board! in the most nycfan way possible. My wife feels shame, my kids are confused...

It’s a #3/#4 receiver returning, is it better to have someone than not? Probably. Does that mean him leaving would’ve sunk the season? Not at all
We aren’t deep. We never are.

Losing a #3 WR is a big deal for us. We don’t just reload. We rarely have 2 good ones, let alone 3. Last year we had 1.

Hoping he breaks out next year.

We aren’t deep. We never are.

Losing a #3 WR is a big deal for us. We don’t just reload. We rarely have 2 good ones, let alone 3. Last year we had 1.

Hoping he breaks out next year.
I hope he does too, but I’m still not sure he’s the difference between bowl game and no game.

I feel sorta bad about this, but when I met Consigliere at the bowl game, Cuseregular in his booming voice pulls the this is Bayside44 who is always on the board! in the most nycfan way possible. My wife feels shame, my kids are confused...
Dude was wondering what was up as I forgot the first rule of syracusefan club (especially with wives present!).

But you heard me wrong! Said in introducing you the legend of bayside44 “from the board”, not “always on the board”. Lol. In reality it wouldn’t have mattered as with the wives that’s what they hear anyways with any mention of it!

To know Cuseregular is to love him like a brother! Pleasure finally meeting you and next bowl game we meet at will be in a much warmer climate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom