Class of 2018 - WR Daniel George (MD) Verbal to PSU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Daniel George (MD) Verbal to PSU

Offers from ODU. Wisconsin, Indiana, Louisville, Rutgers, Temple, NC State, Toledo, Pitt, UMD, VT, WVU,UVA, BC, Iowa, Syracuse

Maybe instead of constantly demeaning Penn State we should attempt to find out what they are doing right to get all this talent to commit.

Maybe instead of constantly demeaning Penn State we should attempt to find out what they are doing right to get all this talent to commit.

It's not a mystery. What I can't fathom is how a recruit, let alone their parent(s), can somehow rationalize/justify the perk of facilities and fans over harboring a child rapist? I give local kids a bit more leeway, as they likely grew up PSU fans, have parents/family who are alums, friends who attend there, live in close proximity, etc. For the life of me, I will never understand how a kid like Judge Culpepper ends up committing there. Unlimited means, resources and opportunities, and you somehow choose Penn St?

Isn't it a whole new football administration/oversight/whatever-it-is at Penn St? We may or may not like Franklin but it's his ship now, the past is the past, those parties were removed, and Franklin had great success recruiting and on field at Vandy, a similar school in a lot of ways to Syracuse, and so it makes sense to this guy that he's having success at a bigger program with more "glitz and glamour" than where he came from. Similar to Dino stepping it up at SU from BG. Why the re-hashing of years gone by when there is and has been a new sheriff in town is baffling to me. It sounds like from care taker that Rex, for example, may not be a good fit at QB in Dino's system, and the animosity towards Judge by some makes no sense to me with the whole, "well, the family said they wanted to the boys to play together". If Rex falls below TD on the depth chart in the fall/spring, don't be all pissy if he decides to transfer. We all (i hope) want what is best for the kids.

Isn't it a whole new football administration/oversight/whatever-it-is at Penn St? We may or may not like Franklin but it's his ship now, the past is the past, those parties were removed, and Franklin had great success recruiting and on field at Vandy, a similar school in a lot of ways to Syracuse, and so it makes sense to this guy that he's having success at a bigger program with more "glitz and glamour" than where he came from. Similar to Dino stepping it up at SU from BG. Why the re-hashing of years gone by when there is and has been a new sheriff in town is baffling to me. It sounds like from care taker that Rex, for example, may not be a good fit at QB in Dino's system, and the animosity towards Judge by some makes no sense to me with the whole, "well, the family said they wanted to the boys to play together". If Rex falls below TD on the depth chart in the fall/spring, don't be all pissy if he decides to transfer. We all (i hope) want what is best for the kids.

Yes Penn State has cleaned house and remodeled the bathrooms and locker room where some of the abuse happened. Franklin is one of the best recruiters in the Big Ten and Happy Valley is actually a pretty nice area with a HUGE stadium. They are coming off an amazing season last year and have a ton of momentum THIS is why they are going to have a top 10ish class. This kids don't see all the bad things that have happened at Ped State and the parents see that none of the responsible parties are there anymore. Time to move on folks.
Having said all that Penn State sucks!

Yes Penn State has cleaned house and remodeled the bathrooms and locker room where some of the abuse happened. Franklin is one of the best recruiters in the Big Ten and Happy Valley is actually a pretty nice area with a HUGE stadium. They are coming off an amazing season last year and have a ton of momentum THIS is why they are going to have a top 10ish class. This kids don't see all the bad things that have happened at Ped State and the parents see that none of the responsible parties are there anymore. Time to move on folks.
Having said all that Penn State sucks!
Franklin can recruit but that doesn't change the fact that he is the same guy that covered up rapes at Vanderbilt. Not that much has changed at PSU.

Franklin can recruit but that doesn't change the fact that he is the same guy that covered up rapes at Vanderbilt. Not that much has changed at PSU.

Clearly Franklin is no saint. I was addressing what happened at Penn State. The sad part of it all is the Vanderbilt rape scandal really didn't get much attention and I bet if you ask most recruits and families from this class they will know almost nothing about it.

All they are doing is leaning on their hx, a hx including the years of covered up abuse. They instead are focusing on 100k home white out attendance, huge facilities, and a used car salesman fast talker as a coach who could sell ice to an Eskimo. Its easy to figure out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom