Class of 2021 - WR/DB Antonio Barber (SC) Decommitted from Tenn/Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR/DB Antonio Barber (SC) Decommitted from Tenn/Offered

Great to see the Carolina kids looking more and more at the CUSE than in the past for I love their talent and especially their speed.

I will say we haven’t heard much about him. If he is making a decision soon I don’t love our chances. Maybe he is down on our board though. With Gowdy and Meiga now committed elsewhere, WR board could have changed a lot. Maybe he’s a priority guy now.

he is visiting for the Clemson game allegedly, so don't think he is ready to decide. based on his list, I wonder if there are eligibility issues.

According to that 24/7 site, looks like NC State is the favorite, but not a lock.

he has one vote over there, and it was in Feb, so probably doesn't mean a thing. The kid is all about Cuse on his Twitter, just feels to me like a young man who may have more interest in us than vice versa, and again, could be due to academics. will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

I will say we haven’t heard much about him. If he is making a decision soon I don’t love our chances. Maybe he is down on our board though. With Gowdy and Meiga now committed elsewhere, WR board could have changed a lot. Maybe he’s a priority guy now.
He was previously committed to Tenn. The staff has been recruiting him since at least April that I can see. Now is the Dead Period. No visits for any prospects. A lot of kids aren't going to commit until the season after they take OVs.

This kid is fast, flashes some finesse on his routes, and has decent size. Would be an upgrade at the z.

This kid is fast, flashes some finesse on his routes, and has decent size. Would be an upgrade at the z.
Which of our outside receivers is currently considered the Z. I’m not dis-agreeing by any means I just figured you specifically thinking he would be an upgrade makes me think you have one or the other in mind (Trishton Jackson or Taj Harris). I think both are good but neither possess top end speed (I like Trishton Jackson’s comp for himself in la familia episode 4 of Keenan Allen). This prospect seems to be faster than either based solely on his tape, so I can see how he could definitely translate into a better true Z just curious who the current one is.

Which of our outside receivers is currently considered the Z. I’m not dis-agreeing by any means I just figured you specifically thinking he would be an upgrade makes me think you have one or the other in mind (Trishton Jackson or Taj Harris). I think both are good but neither possess top end speed (I like Trishton Jackson’s comp for himself in la familia episode 4 of Keenan Allen). This prospect seems to be faster than either based solely on his tape, so I can see how he could definitely translate into a better true Z just curious who the current one is.
Z is traditionally slot

Yes, x is boundary wideout, y is field wideout, z is slot. This is traditional nomenclature.

Not exactly...

In most, but not all, offenses:

The X is typically on the line of scrimmage and lined up on the weak side of the formation.

The Z is lined up off the line of scrimmage and is typically on the strong side; or the same side as the Y. The Z can go in motion, the X (if he is on the line of scrimmage) can not.

The Y is the slot receiver(s) or the TE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom