Class of 2021 - WR/DB Antonio Barber (SC) Decommitted from Tenn/Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR/DB Antonio Barber (SC) Decommitted from Tenn/Offered

Yes, x is boundary wideout, y is field wideout, z is slot. This is traditional nomenclature.
Not exactly...

In most, but not all, offenses:

The X is typically on the line of scrimmage and lined up on the weak side of the formation.

The Z is lined up off the line of scrimmage and is typically on the strong side; or the same side as the Y. The Z can go in motion, the X (if he is on the line of scrimmage) can not.

The Y is the slot receiver(s) or the TE
Thanks for the info, guys

Reactions: 007
Z is traditionally slot
Yes, x is boundary wideout, y is field wideout, z is slot. This is traditional nomenclature.
If you google it is has Z and X as the outside wide receivers and Y as the slot or TE, which is how I typically have thought about it and maybe where the confusion is arising. Either way, so you think he would be an upgrade over either Nykeim or Sean Riley then? Or at you saying like moving forward where Riley will be graduated? Just curious what you see his ceiling as or who you are projecting him to be better than.

If you google it is has Z and X as the outside wide receivers and Y as the slot or TE, which is how I typically have thought about it and maybe where the confusion is arising. Either way, so you think he would be an upgrade over either Nykeim or Sean Riley then? Or at you saying like moving forward where Riley will be graduated? Just curious what you see his ceiling as or who you are projecting him to be better than.

You guys are right, I mixed up z and y.:confused:

He looks bigger, more physical, and more savvy in his routes than I think Nykeim or Riley did. Take this with a grain of salt cause he may not be a slot at the college level, I dont know. Seems like the best fit to my eye though.

I can smell NC St's coaches from here. So much hot garbage on that staff.

Hmm. Holding out hope it could be us I suppose

Taking a kid like this that has an injury but has shown to be productive could be great because you know the kid has to red shirt correct?

And no I don't have a clue. Only posting because he was offered, way back when, and he is currently at Jireh Prep. Jireh is the same school that Carter and Tuazama attended.

Not exactly...

In most, but not all, offenses:

The X is typically on the line of scrimmage and lined up on the weak side of the formation.

The Z is lined up off the line of scrimmage and is typically on the strong side; or the same side as the Y. The Z can go in motion, the X (if he is on the line of scrimmage) can not.

The Y is the slot receiver(s) or the TE
Wait, this can't be right. There's no 'Z' button on my XBox controller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom