Class of 2020 - WR Devell Washington (MI) Transferring from WVU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Devell Washington (MI) Transferring from WVU

Doesn't want to play LB anymore?

Washingtom was moved to LB last spring (not a good sign). Maybe we're offering him the chance to compete as a WR.

Senior year HS Hudl.

Excerpt from a write up on the WVU WRs from last spring:

Another promising receiver who was part of West Virginia’s freshman receiving class in 2020, along with Smith and Brown, was Devell Washington (6-4, 210 lbs., Fr.).

The Saginaw, Michigan, native didn’t see as much playing time as his two classmates – he did play in two games but didn’t record a reception – but the hope is very high for him as well. He caught 74 passes for 1,131 yards in three seasons at Bay City Central High, and his combination of size and speed earned him scholarship offers from the likes of Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State as a prep. He picked WVU, though, and now heading into his second year at the D-I level would appear to be poised to make an impact.

He ran a 11.2 100 m in high school so he has pretty good speed.

Excerpt from a write up on the WVU WRs from last spring:

Another promising receiver who was part of West Virginia’s freshman receiving class in 2020, along with Smith and Brown, was Devell Washington (6-4, 210 lbs., Fr.).

The Saginaw, Michigan, native didn’t see as much playing time as his two classmates – he did play in two games but didn’t record a reception – but the hope is very high for him as well. He caught 74 passes for 1,131 yards in three seasons at Bay City Central High, and his combination of size and speed earned him scholarship offers from the likes of Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State as a prep. He picked WVU, though, and now heading into his second year at the D-I level would appear to be poised to make an impact.

He ran a 11.2 100 m in high school so he has pretty good speed.

I wonder if he had contact with Coach Samuel when he was at Michigan State?

On his 247 page Samuel is listed as one of his key recruiters for MSU
He was All Academic B12 at WVU so that is a great sign.

Sounds like a guy stuck far from home, moved to a strange position, playing for a team that is struggling.

I got a feeling he is going to be visiting here in the next week or so. I wonder if they can get him here in time for the BC game? Would not be surprised if plane tickets are being booked right now.

He was All Academic B12 at WVU so that is a great sign.

Sounds like a guy stuck far from home, moved to a strange position, playing for a team that is struggling.

I got a feeling he is going to be visiting here in the next week or so. I wonder if they can get him here in time for the BC game? Would not be surprised if plane tickets are being booked right now.

Leave no stone unturned.

WR corps could use some bolstering. Hope you're right about getting him up here this weekend.

Had 74 catches for 1,100 yards his senior year in HS, doubt he suddenly forgot how to catch. May be that they had a stacked depth chart at WR and saw more upside to him at LB based on their depth. We did something similar with Doug Hogue and I'm sure Hogue could have been a great RB elsewhere if he wanted that.

Would be nice to have another big target at WR opposite Alford.

Last edited:
Had 74 catches for 1,100 yards his senior year in HS, doubt he suddenly forgot how to catch. May be that they had a stacked depth chart at WR and saw more upside to him at LB based on their depth. We did something similar with Doug Hogue and I'm sure Hogue could have been a great RB elsewhere if he wanted that.

Would be nice to have another big target at WR opposite Alford.
Those numbers would be eye-popping, except, they are for his entire high school career. Still, great student, and big sob; a lot to like.

Those numbers would be eye-popping, except, they are for his entire high school career. Still, great student, and big sob; a lot to like.
Ahh good catch, I didn't see that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom