Class of 2022 - WR Donovan Brown (MD) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/15/21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 WR Donovan Brown (MD) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/15/21

Donovan has run better times since.

He set PRs in the 100 and 200m at the state finals, where he finished 3rd and 1st in those events (4A).

He can run. Sub 11 second 100m and sub 22 second 200m times are really impressive.

Edit, sorry, crales44 beat me to the punch here.

Sadly, Jordan Anthony would toast this kid in a 100m race. Ugh, another plan b, c, d.

True, but Anthony is 5 inches shorter. Totally different physical makeup.
Watching the highlights, they were somewhat uninspiring, but it also looked like he was never really running hard. I suspect the QB might not have had enough of an arm to take advantage of his straight line speed (just a guess). But high end speed with that height has a lot of potential, and I hope Coach Samuel has an eye for that kind of talent.

Kid visited campus and clearly had a work out with coach samuels. If he offered after the work out feels kid can help the program. Not just handing out scholarships like maybe pass staffs.

He looks miscast in those highlights. Obviously more long speed than quickness and playing the slot did not take advantage of that.

Is Class 4A big in Maryland?
From what I can see, Class 4A is the largest classification for HS football in Maryland. Quince Orchard appears to have played in the state semifinals in 2019.

Agree with Phat. We are not getting big name polished players that a lot of P5 schools want right now. If we want a 6’3 WR on the team with speed, we need to be going afterward raw athletes with high ceilings like this kid.

From what I can see, Class 4A is the largest classification for HS football in Maryland. Quince Orchard appears to have played in the state semifinals in 2019.

Agree with Phat. We are not getting big name polished players that a lot of P5 schools want right now. If we want a 6’3 WR on the team with speed, we need to be going afterward raw athletes with high ceilings like this kid.

I'm with you but this guy doesn't even have FCS offers. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few weeks now that Cuse has offered.

I get that he has size and speed but he doesnt demostrate the ability to use it on his film.
Barely saw any broken tackles on his highlight film. Hope he has some untapped potential, but definitely screams plan D to me. If we can't get anybody from the HS ranks, I'd rather bank the scholie and save it for an impact WR transfer.