Class of 2017 - WR Eddie Lewis (NJ) Portal from Memphis to S. Carolina | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Eddie Lewis (NJ) Portal from Memphis to S. Carolina

cuseman404 said:
Can that be written with any more slant for Rutgers?
Just wait till he chooses us - he'll disappear from NJ media ;)

Rutgers has 4 built in losses every year, Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St, so they start out 0-4 every year, if he wants to win he won't go there. There's also a good possibility they lose to Maryland every year. The years they get Nebraska, or Wisconsin, they almost have no chance to get to 6 wins with the Big 10 not playing schools like Villanova.

tipphill said:
sounds more like rutgers than us.

The guy who wrote that is notoriously anti-us and very pro-Rutgers. He may be on their payroll.

The guy who wrote that is notoriously anti-us and very pro-Rutgers. He may be on their payroll.
Seriously. Did you ever notice how in decent articles, if a kid says that he has three leader, they ask about each one. Not Toad, if Syracuse is mentioned in the article at all, you would have to assume we are the leader. How often does he leave SU out altogether?

orangefog said:
Seriously. Did you ever notice how in decent articles, if a kid says that he has three leader, they ask about each one. Not Toad, if Syracuse is mentioned in the article at all, you would have to assume we are the leader. How often does he leave SU out altogether?

It's pretty obvious. I think Rutgers has been in the basement so long that it breeds a special kind of crazy. Between Toad and the way they got antsy about Michigan's camp (just to name the most recent stuff)?

It's pretty obvious. I think Rutgers has been in the basement so long that it breeds a special kind of crazy. Between Toad and the way they got antsy about Michigan's camp (just to name the most recent stuff)?
It goes back to the old adage "act like you've been there before". And Rutgers response "HOW THE F WOULD WE KNOW HOW TO ACT LIKE THAT?"

It goes back to the old adage "act like you've been there before". And Rutgers response "HOW THE F WOULD WE KNOW HOW TO ACT LIKE THAT?"

c0235567495c678d4a2246a1b4b4939d5b1a056.gif

Just in case you didn't believe that bias can exist at a newspaper:

Todderick Hunt | LinkedIn

Graduated from Rutgers, no journalism training. Pretty self explanatory that he would write every article for a NJ audience with a Rutgers slant. Makes good business sense.

Are you guys serious? You are talking about a Rutgers beat writer having a slant towards...Rutgers? When is the last time shracuse.com wrote a pro-RU article? Never, because it isn't their territory. You guys are mad. By the way, way to get Drexel, good luck with Lewis...

Are you guys serious? You are talking about a Rutgers beat writer having a slant towards...Rutgers? When is the last time shracuse.com wrote a pro-RU article? Never, because it isn't their territory. You guys are mad. By the way, way to get Drexel, good luck with Lewis...
Funny enough, Syracuse.com does not slant towards Syracuse. I don't believe Drexel has committed or been offered yet.

Last edited:
I don't know about everybody else, but I am being serious. It is called journalism, we have a school for it here. There is a story, it should be fair and unbiased. The dude is a fan, not a journalist.

I don't know about everybody else, but I am being serious. It is called journalism, we have a school for it here. There is a story, it should be fair and unbiased. The dude is a fan, not a journalist.
I guess there's a difference between most of our guys having a degree from Newhouse and Hunt having a degree in business management from Rutgers with no writing experience (per LinkedIn). Apparently nj.com was just looking for a cheerleader to blow smoke up the Rut fan's asses.

Drexel? He visited awhile back. The staff havent offered and I havent heard anything regarding him. Also Toaderick spins everything for Rutgers. Good jounalism is when the whole truth is told. He makes it seems like every recruit is dying to go to Rutgers. Rutgers fans get so upset when the top Jersey kids dont go there because he makes it seems like they are. facts

montanaRU said:

Um, you should read what our local reporters write. It's pretty balanced - with click-baity negative headlines. And since it's fair and honest, we see almost no Rutgers stories because they are mostly irrelevant.

Toad is bad at his job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom