Class of 2020 - WR/FS Jaden Dottin (CT) Portal from Penn St to Toledo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR/FS Jaden Dottin (CT) Portal from Penn St to Toledo

Committed to penn st, hopefully that helps with meiga
Surprised Meiga, who was a big name recruit and has barely played in 3 years (6 catches all told), has not put his name into the portal.

I bet the PSU coaches are telling him he is going to be a key part of their offense next season, while at the same time bringing in bigger name recruits to take his place.

If we can get him and Mamadou, we could get a hat trick of tall WRs from the Great White North. Very appropriate for Canada, oui?

Surprised Meiga, who was a big name recruit and has barely played in 3 years (6 catches all told), has not put his name into the portal.

I bet the PSU coaches are telling him he is going to be a key part of their offense next season, while at the same time bringing in bigger name recruits to take his place.

If we can get him and Mamadou, we could get a hat trick of tall WRs from the Great White North. Very appropriate for Canada, oui?
Snagging guys like Meiga and Dottin shows how the portal can work in our favor. The two might not have shown a lot of production but it might be due to not getting a chance to get reps in front of other guys. Now its harder for blue bloods to keep talented kids on rosters.

Snagging guys like Meiga and Dottin shows how the portal can work in our favor. The two might not have shown a lot of production but it might be due to not getting a chance to get reps in front of other guys. Now its harder for blue bloods to keep talented kids on rosters.
100%. Especially when it's a guy with a lot of eligibility left. Sure, there's a dice roll if the guy isn't actually all that good. You could lock up a scholarship for a long time.

But you also might get a lot of seasons and production out of a guy with a lot of talent that just was unrealized at their first school.

100%. Especially when it's a guy with a lot of eligibility left. Sure, there's a dice roll if the guy isn't actually all that good. You could lock up a scholarship for a long time.

But you also might get a lot of seasons and production out of a guy with a lot of talent that just was unrealized at their first school.
Good points

I'd add, I think taking a shot on a guy like this has a higher chance of success than a guy like Hayes last portal season, that was so late in their career.
And there is a connection.

Could be Jones or Hatcher. The new kid coming in, Cohoon, tall, fast and good hands.
Yeah, I am not a football guy, but our WR room looks talented to me. There is not enough on field production to feel 100% comfortable, but it looks to me like we have size, speed and talent. The guys just need to stay healthy and step up. Part of that will be Shrader staying healthy. I'm an optimist, I think we will get the O-line figured out and we are going to have a big year on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, I am not a football guy, but our WR room looks talented to me. There is not enough on field production to feel 100% comfortable, but it looks to me like we have size, speed and talent. The guys just need to stay healthy and step up. Part of that will be Shrader staying healthy. I'm an optimist, I think we will get the O-line figured out and we are going to have a big year on both sides of the ball.
I agree. Maybe more so on the D side but I believe you are going to see a vast improvement on the O side with 1 and possibly 2 wrs making strives.

I agree. Maybe more so on the D side but I believe you are going to see a vast improvement on the O side with 1 and possibly 2 wrs making strives.
Yep, I think this surgery that Shrader had is going to improve his passing quite a bit. Hopefully he doesn't have to run a ton, but if he does and he is healthy, he will extend drives. But, I think this staff knows how close we are to a special season and a lot of it hinges on the o-line, and they are addressing that. I can't wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom