Class of 2018 - WR Justin Shorter (NJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Justin Shorter (NJ) Offered

Over the summer, Franklin outlined his new position regarding players who seek to transfer. If they add their names to the transfer portal, Franklin said, they will lose their scholarships at the end of the semester.
Is that allowed. I thought the scholarships were now vested

Talent is what you chase in transfers. This kid has talent. Give Dino talent I think he can let it work in his system.
Since he played 2 years without transferring he could sit out next year and still potentially have 2 years.
Hell I would find something that happened to him at Penn State and try and get him a waiver.

I hope we hit the portal hard. We have an opportunity to upgrade long-term depth at probably 3-4 positions based on the players in the portal right now. And maybe pick up a quality starter or 2.
My fingers are crossed and I am praying.

Alot of these guys bought into the big program lights the first time around. Then they couldn't see the field so they're out. Many wont transfer to another big time school. They're looking for an opportunity to play. That's what can make SU attractive now. Still P5 football too.

Minnesota has a bunch of retreads from name schools who are playing for them right now.

I think it's a route you have to consider seriously if you're a program like SU.
I'm glad you mentioned Minnesota and agree 100% We need to copy that approach. SIMILARLY we are middle of road P5 team with a successful former MAC coach. The difference is that Fleck signed those 4 star recruits early got solid Juco AND hit the portal to turn his program around.

Hoping we target some of the high end talent this go round. Need more hits like T Jackson. We really aren't that far off IMO. But we have to improve top end talent.

Alot of these guys bought into the big program lights the first time around. Then they couldn't see the field so they're out. Many wont transfer to another big time school. They're looking for an opportunity to play. That's what can make SU attractive now. Still P5 football too.

Minnesota has a bunch of retreads from name schools who are playing for them right now.

I think it's a route you have to consider seriously if you're a program like SU.
Not saying we shouldn't pursue. We dam well should pursue every opportunity we have. Im just saying its not easy to land top end talent when everyone has their hands in the cookie jar.

Perhaps our history with transfer Wrs helps here. Amba and Jackson both put up big numbers and both became instant number ones in this offense. I think this is a home run opportunity

Perhaps our history with transfer Wrs helps here. Amba and Jackson both put up big numbers and both became instant number ones in this offense. I think this is a home run opportunity
Its not good that our most productive WRs have been transfers vs kids recruited out of HS by Dino.

This kid is a major talent. Looking at his film. Totally misused. Would be the best talent we have had in a long time and it could potentially be 2 years.

Gotta hope the distance plays a factor for him coming here as it’s close to NJ and should try to get him a waiver to play next year.

Its not good that our most productive WRs have been transfers vs kids recruited out of HS by Dino.
Still having trouble persuading the 17,18-year-old knuckleheads who think they are god's gift to football and are too good for our program. That's all. Older, wiser players see things differently.

Look, if you are going to nit pick
nit picking.gif

Might sound crazy, but you just might see this kid in Orange in the coming seasons

If freaking Illinois can go out and land studs like that USC kid they picked up on the DL then so can we

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom