Class of 2022 - WR Justus Ross-Simmons (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 WR Justus Ross-Simmons (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

I agree on QB. I don't know how hard it will be to find one that is pretty good but willing to be the back. As far as wrs, we have 2 good ones coming in this summer
Jaylan Hornsby, & Emanuel Ross.

Plus Jamie Tremble.
Who’s our highest ranked croot in this class.

(Yes, I know he’s listed as a TE. That also makes him a big WR.)

Landing Justus would be an absolute embarrassment of riches for dudes who can catch the ball.

But if we don’t, we’ve still got the most talented group we’ve had in at least 2 decades.

And an absolute stud QB to get them all the ball.

Can never have enough experienced and NFL caliber receivers. WR absolutely should still be a priority if there is talent that can compete for a starting spot right away.

Something important to sell is the fact that McCord has been throwing to WR U for the past four years. That has to be an attractive selling point for WRs in the portal.

Can never have enough experienced and NFL caliber receivers. WR absolutely should still be a priority if there is talent that can compete for a starting spot right away.

Something important to sell is the fact that McCord has been throwing to WR U for the past four years. That has to be an attractive selling point for WRs in the portal.
completely agree. Bringing in this type of talent regardless of position strengthens the team and helps push up the odds of a better season. Doesn't mean if we miss here we are in trouble, just worth the time to push for it. Added bonus here is kid is a former local, so that is a double bonus if he excels.

This would be a cherry on top of a beautiful sundae. The depth chart really fills out with Ross-Simmons at WR1. Haynes can really move but isn't huge, might get bullied by the best ACC corners. Pena looked great working the middle of the field Saturday. Oronde, Villari, Mang, Clement and Tremble might be the best tight end group in decades or ever on the Hill. Mang really looked like a different person at the spring game. Body has really filled out. He and Clement should be used in the run game. The potential is there. Having Gill as a starter might be a slight reach and the only weakness in the group. I love Gill but he would benefit from being a part time player this season. Would be a huge addition to add Ross-Simmons to solidify a potentially explosive and versatile group.

Sounds like Florida is really after him, have to figure their coach needs a really good season or will be looking for a new job after this season. This is life when competing for top talent, should be interesting. The thing is I don't think Fran is from the "take your visits" school of thought. We shall see. He's probably already out chasing another guy but would be a great one to land.

there aren't too many guys in the portal who have had solid production, and when you look at your film you say to yourself, "yup, he can realistically come in and have a 1,000 yard season this year." Justus is one of those guys and I really hope he ends up in Orange, of the Syracuse variety.

there aren't too many guys in the portal who have had solid production, and when you look at your film you say to yourself, "yup, he can realistically come in and have a 1,000 yard season this year." Justus is one of those guys and I really hope he ends up in Orange, of the Syracuse variety.
who are also from Rochester, would be a great fit but won't be easy

This would be a cherry on top of a beautiful sundae. The depth chart really fills out with Ross-Simmons at WR1. Haynes can really move but isn't huge, might get bullied by the best ACC corners. Pena looked great working the middle of the field Saturday. Oronde, Villari, Mang, Clement and Tremble might be the best tight end group in decades or ever on the Hill. Mang really looked like a different person at the spring game. Body has really filled out. He and Clement should be used in the run game. The potential is there. Having Gill as a starter might be a slight reach and the only weakness in the group. I love Gill but he would benefit from being a part time player this season. Would be a huge addition to add Ross-Simmons to solidify a potentially explosive and versatile group.
And that’s not even mentioning Jackson Meeks who by all accounts was having a really nice spring before the injury. This group has a lot of potential, adding Justus would be like you said a cherry on top.

And that’s not even mentioning Jackson Meeks who by all accounts was having a really nice spring before the injury. This group has a lot of potential, adding Justus would be like you said a cherry on top.
Thank you. I forgot about Meeks and Brown because they weren’t out there during the spring game.

Don’t think Brown will ever be back

Ross-Simmons is going to be really hard to end up here

I hope he does, but it’s going to be a battle
Wasn't Brown the one they were looking for a potential switch to DB?

Guess that didn't work out then...

Wasn't Brown the one they were looking for a potential switch to DB?

Guess that didn't work out then...

Only know what was said from the presser but sounds like it’s academic in nature

And this morning he was posting film on his instagram which usually is a sign that they are trying to be spotted by other teams so I would assume he’s heading to the portal.

Nothing official tho just speculation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom