Class of 2022 - WR Justus Ross-Simmons (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 WR Justus Ross-Simmons (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

Oh totally agree, was responding to a post that mentioned cornerback as the most important piece we need in the portal, but to me, QB2, if that is feasible, is number one
I agree 100%, QB is #1 concerned. McCord is 1 hit away from us having a fairy tale season or a devastating one. We do not have a backup QB that we have the confidence or reliability of running and carrying this team to the promise land.

I agree 100%, QB is #1 concerned. McCord is 1 hit away from us having a fairy tale season or a devastating one. We do not have a backup QB that we have the confidence or reliability of running and carrying this team to the promise land.

Very difficult to get a QB2 in the portal. You have guys who entered the portal likely to get more playing time elsewhere.

Most schools are in big trouble if QB1 goes down. However, if you were to see CDRW or BDavis profile coming from a different school, we'd be elated. Easy to forget both guys had solid ratings & offers out of HS

That said -- Ross-Simmons would be an incredible addition. He'll make any QB look a little bit better

Very difficult to get a QB2 in the portal. You have guys who entered the portal likely to get more playing time elsewhere.

Most schools are in big trouble if QB1 goes down. However, if you were to see CDRW or BDavis profile coming from a different school, we'd be elated. Easy to forget both guys had solid ratings & offers out of HS

That said -- Ross-Simmons would be an incredible addition. He'll make any QB look a little bit better
It is hard but we have to try and sell someone with some decent starting experience. Maybe a Juco or FCS guy who did well as a starter. Obviously making the jump up in class is risky but we just can’t go with CDRW or Davis.

It is hard but we have to try and sell someone with some decent starting experience. Maybe a Juco or FCS guy who did well as a starter. Obviously making the jump up in class is risky but we just can’t go with CDRW or Davis.

Don't want to derail this thread by any means, but I would rather have CDRW/Davis with this coaching staff & talent around them than a JUCO/FCS guy. Look at the portal QBs.. there's not a better QB than CDRW IMO who we could get.

McCord is the answer and if something were to happen, we'd be in less than ideal shape no matter who was behind center.

Come the 2024/5 offseason, we'll see what happens after SU goes 15-0

:D

Don't want to derail this thread by any means, but I would rather have CDRW/Davis with this coaching staff & talent around them than a JUCO/FCS guy. Look at the portal QBs.. there's not a better QB than CDRW IMO who we could get.

McCord is the answer and if something were to happen, we'd be in less than ideal shape no matter who was behind center.

I think it's very important for McCord to have a spectacular season and get drafted high. It will show other high end quarterbacks that we can showcase them and surround them with weapons. We could get a new McCord every year.

I saw their ratings and watched them play and not impressed and can't see how they got rated as high as they did. I too would like J Ross Simmons here

I saw their ratings and watched them play and not impressed and can't see how they got rated as high as they did. I too would like J Ross Simmons here

and think, there's hundreds of kids just like them out there lol. Rooting for a healthy season for all our guys but especially McCord

I don’t know, everyone out there that is feasible is certainly an unknown but I just don’t feel that CDRW can do it, and don’t think at this point that Davis can either. There is no easy solution other than making sure McCord is RoboQB and never gets hurt!

Have you watched Davis and CDRW?

We cannot put ourselves in a position to have to rely on either one of them. What good is awesome talent if they can’t deliver the damn ball?

Have you watched Davis and CDRW?

We cannot put ourselves in a position to have to rely on either one of them. What good is awesome talent if they can’t deliver the damn ball?

Lol yes. My point is, who are we gonna realistically get that's cool sitting for the entire year (assuming no injury)

CDRW isn't a great option. Neither are many of the other QBs we could realistically get. We have McCord. I'm good on a backup because no matter what, if he goes down, we're in a bad spot, just like 95% of all the other teams in the P4

I agree on QB. I don't know how hard it will be to find one that is pretty good but willing to be the back. As far as wrs, we have 2 good ones coming in this summer
Jaylan Hornsby, & Emanuel Ross.
I am high on Hornsby and Ross too, but if you can get him i’ll take a guy like Ross who has proven himself at this level every time. I don’t think we’re getting a portal QB to come in and be back up. We need to make sacrifices to the gods that Williams is that guy if the unthinkable happens. Finally, we don’t have a QB who will be putting himself at risk 20x a game. OL seems good enough to keep him upright so we have to roll the dice. If anything we need another RB as well, especially if we want to run the ball. Ross isn’t a make or break get, but he is the type of guy who puts you over the top. Obviously things don’t look good but I won’t count Fran out.

I am high on Hornsby and Ross too, but if you can get him i’ll take a guy like Ross who has proven himself at this level every time. I don’t think we’re getting a portal QB to come in and be back up. We need to make sacrifices to the gods that Williams is that guy if the unthinkable happens. Finally, we don’t have a QB who will be putting himself at risk 20x a game. OL seems good enough to keep him upright so we have to roll the dice. If anything we need another RB as well, especially if we want to run the ball. Ross isn’t a make or break get, but he is the type of guy who puts you over the top. Obviously things don’t look good but I won’t count Fran out.
I'm not counting Fran out either, and holding out hope that there is a pro-style kid out there who is a #2 somewhere with 3-4 years to play that sees the opportunity here after McCord leaves and is willing to sit a year to take over the reigns. OSU has 4-5 guys on their roster that could start at most P-4's, some of which won't ever play there. All I'm asking is for 2 QB's capable of being a competent starter.

I'm not counting Fran out either, and holding out hope that there is a pro-style kid out there who is a #2 somewhere with 3-4 years to play that sees the opportunity here after McCord leaves and is willing to sit a year to take over the reigns. OSU has 4-5 guys on their roster that could start at most P-4's, some of which won't ever play there. All I'm asking is for 2 QB's capable of being a competent starter.
I think you should get that here with Carney and Williams and most definitely if we get a commitment from 4* Malik Washington . My bet would be Carney and Washington.

boom smile GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom