Class of 2019 - WR Malik Brooks (NY) Signed NLI to Monmouth | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Malik Brooks (NY) Signed NLI to Monmouth

Is it just me or has this staff missed on some of the WR’s that they have signed so far? They’ve done great recruiting and I know it’s still early but it seems that 2-3 WR’s signed have been disappointments...ie. Thompson-Bishop, Jordan, Butler etc.

Is it just me or has this staff missed on some of the WR’s that they have signed so far? They’ve done great recruiting and I know it’s still early but it seems that 2-3 WR’s signed have been disappointments...ie. Thompson-Bishop, Jordan, Butler etc.

Too early to judge. Butler on the other hand

RTB and Jordan are redshirt freshmen. Let's slow down on calling them disappointments at this stage in their college careers.

RTB and Jordan are redshirt freshmen. Let's slow down on calling them disappointments at this stage in their college careers.
I agree. Still a lot of time for them. Could they have been recruited over? yes, but it doesnt mean they are not good. Could be that the other guys are that good ;)

Probably so. But worth noting that they’ve already been passed over by true freshman. Next year, Trishton Jackson shoots up the board as a likely starter and Hendrix likely has a role as well.

I agree. Still a lot of time for them. Could they have been recruited over? yes, but it doesnt mean they are not good. Could be that the other guys are that good ;)

Jordan doesn't scare me, I knew he was somewhat raw going into this. RTB, on the other hand, worries me. HE hasn't even traveled with the team once this year. Couldn't find a way to make it on to specials?

Jordan doesn't scare me, I knew he was somewhat raw going into this. RTB, on the other hand, worries me. HE hasn't even traveled with the team once this year. Couldn't find a way to make it on to specials?

Or maybe the coaching staff sees his potential and doesn't want to burn his redshirt when they don't have to?

good point. Didnt realize that

Or maybe the coaching staff sees his potential and doesn't want to burn his redshirt when they don't have to?

In years passed, sure I can buy this. But with the new 4 game rule, he couldn't find his way on to the active roster once this year? Just seem's weird, especially with how high a lot of us were (including me) on him.

In years passed, sure I can buy this. But with the new 4 game rule, he couldn't find his way on to the active roster once this year? Just seem's weird, especially with how high a lot of us were (including me) on him.
I recall Babers saying that the 4 game rule didn't mean that all the freshman would play. Probably know morel next year about the development of these kids. Sometimes y'all are too quick to jump to conclusions.

RTB is injured. Wearing a boot...

Lockport receiver Malik Brooks signs with Monmouth instead of UB

Sounds like his grades were not up to par. He joins a long list of talented players from NYS who had the talent but not the discipline in the classroom needed to play D1 football.

What a shame.
I heard grades were fine and that he didn’t want to sign in the early period just incase he was to receive a D1 Basketball offer so UB pulled their offer. Looks like a high potential basketball player also based off highlights

Grades doesn't make sense if he could get into Monmouth. UB is not exactly the Harvard of the Great Lakes.

The local paper made it sound like UB withdrew their offer when he told them he didn't want to sign until later. Monmouth must have been his safety school.