Class of 2019 - WR Marlyn Johnson (NJ) Decommitted from Rutgers / Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Marlyn Johnson (NJ) Decommitted from Rutgers / Offered

Offers from Millersville, Temple, Rutgers, Buffalo, Howard, BC, WVU, UVA, Wake Forest, Nebraska, Pitt, UNC, Duke, Kent St, Kentucky, UMD, Syracuse

He dropped on a lot of teams boards after a less than stellar showing at the recent Opening. Hopefully he does good in future events and his senior season because the kid has a ton of talent.

why?
Mangiero is the coach there now. He was the guy at Poly Prep. We got no one from there because he's a former rutgers player that use to get crushed by SU. Its too bad, because he's gonna have good prospects there every year. There's 3 or 4 we offered this year alone. Hopefully we build a good enough relationship with them. Its gonna take that.

Last edited:
Mangiero is the coach there now. He was the guy at Poly Prep. We got no one from there because he's a former rutgers player that use to get crushed by SU. Its too bad, because he's gonna have good prospects there every year. There's 3 or 4 we offered this year alone. Hopefully we build a good enough relationship with them. Its gonna take that.
Marlyn Johnson attends Peddie School in Hightstown NJ
The Head Football Coach at Peddie is Chris Malleo
Dino Mangiero is the Head Coach at Mater Dei Prep in Middletown NJ

I'm torn. As a matter of principles, I don't respect people's decisions when they tell me to respect their decision.

However, decommiting from Rutgers is a decision that seemingly demands respect.

On the other hand, committing to Rutgers is such a flagrantly poor choice in the first place, that I can't respect the initial decision.

I'm torn. As a matter of principles, I don't respect people's decisions when they tell me to respect their decision.

However, decommiting from Rutgers is a decision that seemingly demands respect.

On the other hand, committing to Rutgers is such a flagrantly poor choice in the first place, that I can't respect the initial decision.
giphy.gif

Speculation? Insider info?
No insider. My response was based on the chances of getting commits from a particular coach. I got the schools mixed up. Peddie School is not coached by the guy who dislikes SU. He's at Mater Dei

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom