Class of 2016 - WR Michael Irvin, Jr. (FL) Verbal to Miami | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Michael Irvin, Jr. (FL) Verbal to Miami

And there is no way in hell we turn down a commitment from Michael Irvin's kid given the sorry state of our offense, and not to mention the greatness of his fathers name and its merits in recruiting.
Amen brother!

Not that it particularly means anything, but...not a fan of the use of the word "we" here...

Not that it particularly means anything, but...not a fan of the use of the word "we" here...

I am hoping Miami runs out of room for him. If they do we have a great shot. If they have room and they want him, I would think we are toast.

Not remotely surprising:

Not that we ever had a realistic shot anyway, but for what it's worth I've been told the staff may not have taken him anyway because they aren't sure he could have played any TE, and that's what they're currently looking for (another Custis/Enoicy type).

So the only WR we're taking, other than hybrids is Palmer? Trust the coaches, I guess.

So the only WR we're taking, other than hybrids is Palmer? Trust the coaches, I guess.

If Palmer was a 4 star prospect I could at least understand it a little bit but one WR in two years and that one is a project with no other p5 offers? Makes zero sense, and people wonder why this program has been a disaster 7 out of the last 10 years.

While the name recognition would have been great had he committed to us, I was more upset not getting Darby than Irvin.

Have to believe the staff sees something in our current WRs and will make a big push in 2017 for 3 or 4?

Cheers,
Neil

While the name recognition would have been great had he committed to us, I was more upset not getting Darby than Irvin.

Have to believe the staff sees something in our current WRs and will make a big push in 2017 for 3 or 4?

Cheers,
Neil
I feel the same way re: Darby.

And you're spot on with 2017. Remember, we already have a stud WR committed for next year, and guys like the kid from CBA (whose name is eluding me...brain cramp) is a Sales/Lobdell level prospect, and then there's Anthony White from Florida, who is a 4-star recruit as well and is very high on SU. 2017 is going to be very WR heavy.

Cheers,
Neil

Having to put all your eggs in one basket like that for recruiting is never a good idea. We had to do that two years ago at the WR position and we ended up with half the recruits either not making it to campus or moving positions. Perhaps the staff is going to try and get involved with a higher end guy who isnt deciding until late, but I would hate to have basically 1 WR in two classes, really starts to effect your depth when its all concentrated and not spread out.

I feel the same way re: Darby.

And you're spot on with 2017. Remember, we already have a stud WR committed for next year, and guys like the kid from CBA (whose name is eluding me...brain cramp) is a Sales/Lobdell level prospect, and then there's Anthony White from Florida, who is a 4-star recruit as well and is very high on SU. 2017 is going to be very WR heavy.

Good points but the staff also has to be realistic in that its going to be an uphill battle to keep that 2017 WR on board for basically 18 months+. Puts a lot of pressure on the staff to hit multiple home runs in 2017. Hope they can do it.

Good points but the staff also has to be realistic in that its going to be an uphill battle to keep that 2017 WR on board for basically 18 months+. Puts a lot of pressure on the staff to hit multiple home runs in 2017. Hope they can do it.
I agree, and believe me, I'm not sure I agree with the idea to only take one WR this cycle (though that could potentially change...just putting that out there...keep an eye on position changes in the '15 class), but when Hawkins and Stewart fell through, as well as Darby, I assume they just decided to shift gears.

I agree, and believe me, I'm not sure I agree with the idea to only take one WR this cycle (though that could potentially change...just putting that out there...keep an eye on position changes in the '15 class), but when Hawkins and Stewart fell through, as well as Darby, I assume they just decided to shift gears.

Not getting one of those three was a big blow. If you could pair a Stewart or Darby with a guy like Palmer you have a nice little two man WR class. Still puts a lot of pressure on the 2017 class but gives you a little breathing room with a higher end guy on board in this class. Will be interesting to see if the staff identifies an uncomitted WR they like who is deciding and tries to go all in.

Not getting one of those three was a big blow. If you could pair a Stewart or Darby with a guy like Palmer you have a nice little two man WR class. Still puts a lot of pressure on the 2017 class but gives you a little breathing room with a higher end guy on board in this class. Will be interesting to see if the staff identifies an uncomitted WR they like who is deciding and tries to go all in.
I think I would have killed to land Donald Stewart. Absolutely murdered. Point me in the direction some dude who needs to be offed and I'm all over it if it meant landing Stewart. He's going to be an absolute star.

We had no chance with Irvin.

Not enough strip clubs in the SYR. :p

I think I would have killed to land Donald Stewart. Absolutely murdered. Point me in the direction some dude who needs to be offed and I'm all over it if it meant landing Stewart. He's going to be an absolute star.

Did he end up committing to Michigan? He would have been a major coup, heck of a player. I like Darby to, either of those guys would have been great. Would be nice if Ferentz left and maybe Darby opened it back up.

Did he end up committing to Michigan? He would have been a major coup, heck of a player. I like Darby to, either of those guys would have been great. Would be nice if Ferentz left and maybe Darby opened it back up.
He hasn't committed anywhere yet but I would be absolutely floored if he goes anywhere other than Stanford or Michigan. Only chance we have is if he doesn't get into Stanford and Michigan runs out of room, because I do believe we are in 3rd place.

JeremyCuse said:
Having to put all your eggs in one basket like that for recruiting is never a good idea. We had to do that two years ago at the WR position and we ended up with half the recruits either not making it to campus or moving positions. Perhaps the staff is going to try and get involved with a higher end guy who isnt deciding until late, but I would hate to have basically 1 WR in two classes, really starts to effect your depth when its all concentrated and not spread out.

McDonald, cough,

Lookers is enough for any man.

...not that I've ever been to that dirty, unbelievably sketchy establishment.

your spelling is way off Jeke, it starts with an H not an L...

JeremyCuse said:

I'm willing to bet you see us involved with someone before it's all said and done... Or at least I hope.

I'm willing to bet you see us involved with someone before it's all said and done... Or at least I hope.

I wouldn't be surprised either... it is only July 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom