Class of 2017 - WR Noah Jordan-Williams (NY) Verbal to Boston College | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Noah Jordan-Williams (NY) Verbal to Boston College

soocher4 is he fast enough to play WR at the next level? How is he on the other side of the ball? I think he looks better at safety than WR, but that's just me. Hopefully he picks up that Cuse offer, I always love seeing local kids stay home.

soocher4 is he fast enough to play WR at the next level? How is he on the other side of the ball? I think he looks better at safety than WR, but that's just me. Hopefully he picks up that Cuse offer, I always love seeing local kids stay home.
He's working on his speed he ran high 4.5's at the junior combine but he was really training hard after the season to get his time down. I personally don't think he's fast enough yet he's like how Bruce Williams was just a guy who gets open and doesn't drop the ball. He runs great routes and can pull off some great catches. We will see about how he does on defense this year he's never played there at Cba because Casamento only wanted him playing o. I think he will be a great corner or safety. I watch him in the drills and the kid has great hips and feet and he's physical. I think Damico is the better prospect kid will be a player he's that throwback type of guy who fears nobody and loves contact and wants to bury someone in the ground every play.

Speed isn't.

I agree and disagree... If the kid is clocking a 4.5 40, that's plenty fast. Go ahead and Google some of the most productive WR's in the NFL... Most of them are running 4.5's... And according to the poster above he was running 4.5's as a junior, so he's bound to get faster with proper strength and condition programs. You'd be surprised how many productive college and NFL players arnt running legit 4.3-4.5's

Game speed is what counts. Straight line 40 yard time is way over done. If a kid is smart and can make good cuts that alone is worth a second. On the D side seeing the play and breaking on the ball is worth a second. Also long arms can be worth some speed. Of course speed helps but it isnt the end all

Game speed is what counts. Straight line 40 yard time is way over done. If a kid is smart and can make good cuts that alone is worth a second. On the D side seeing the play and breaking on the ball is worth a second. Also long arms can be worth some speed. Of course speed helps but it isnt the end all

Agree'd. I'll take sound route running and reliable hands over impressive 40 times, all day everyday.

Agree'd. I'll take sound route running and reliable hands over impressive 40 times, all day everyday.
His game speed this past season wasn't great but he was battling through a high ankle sprain almost all season long. His biggest strengths are his route running which is already close to college level, his hands are above average, and his leaping ability which is very good as nobody in high school here can outmatch. He is just as good as Marcus Sales was except he is a harder worker. He may not be what the new staff is looking for but I'm sure if we take enough wr this year he would be a good kid to take a flyer on as I think he could be a good number two or three wr he's definitely not going to be a number one in this offense but he does a lot of the things that the bowling green wr did well.

His game speed this past season wasn't great but he was battling through a high ankle sprain almost all season long. His biggest strengths are his route running which is already close to college level, his hands are above average, and his leaping ability which is very good as nobody in high school here can outmatch. He is just as good as Marcus Sales was except he is a harder worker. He may not be what the new staff is looking for but I'm sure if we take enough wr this year he would be a good kid to take a flyer on as I think he could be a good number two or three wr he's definitely not going to be a number one in this offense but he does a lot of the things that the bowling green wr did well.

Marcus Sales but a harder worker? Sign me up.

Great insight, thanks for posting.

thanks for your informed perspective. I also want to commend you, soocher. I've read a lot of posts by coaches and family members of potential recruits, and they are almost always comically ungrounded. That is understandable, as having an emotional attachment to a kid would alter most people's objectivity. It is so refreshing to read something from someone connected to a kid that reads as grounded and realistic.

Speed isn't.
Take a look at the NFL combines. 4.5-4.6 is pretty normal at the WR position. If it's good enough for the NFL, it's certainly good enough for the ACC. How well does he block, how sharp, and tight are his routes, how does he get off blocks, how quick off the line (I'm thinking that's mucho mucho important in this fast strike offense). The 4.3 thing is nice...but it's way overblown. Hell, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 at his NFL combine. He turned out ok.

If he has skills to be a great route running WR and the potential to be a corner with good size and coverage skills then I think he's the kind of player I'd like to see represent SU.

We're gonna eventually have around 15 WR's on the roster. Some will get moved to the secondary. Players like Noah will be valuable.

Once he goes to camp this summer I'm sure that they will get a good look at him. He thrives in those types of settings. His route running and getting out of breaks will stick out like a sore thumb. He is about as good as you can get for a high schooler getting off the line when teams press even though few teams around here even attempt it. He's one of those kids it's hard to get a good gauge with how fast he really is since he's a glider kind of like Sales was. If he gets offered I'd be shocked if he didn't come here he's real tight with his mother and I don't think he would go too far.

Another big thing this year for Noah was that we really struggled getting him the ball. Qb play really hurt us so we weren't able to utilize him as much as we wanted to. He was double and triple teamed a lot so we ran the ball with Stevie Scott a ton who is going to be a big time prospect. Kid already has a lot of the big time schools sniffing around. He is a 6'2 215lb back as a sophomore who is solid as a rock already. His father played for Corcoran and was a practice squad player for the Chiefs so he has good genes and is raw at the position as he's only played there for two years. Noah should put up better numbers this year with a new qb who has a better feel for the offense and can read defenses better than Brotski was able to.

Another big thing this year for Noah was that we really struggled getting him the ball. Qb play really hurt us so we weren't able to utilize him as much as we wanted to. He was double and triple teamed a lot so we ran the ball with Stevie Scott a ton who is going to be a big time prospect. Kid already has a lot of the big time schools sniffing around. He is a 6'2 215lb back as a sophomore who is solid as a rock already. His father played for Corcoran and was a practice squad player for the Chiefs so he has good genes and is raw at the position as he's only played there for two years. Noah should put up better numbers this year with a new qb who has a better feel for the offense and can read defenses better than Brotski was able to.

I remember watching CBA games last year to see how Noah was doing and was pleasantly surprised to see Stevie single handedly destroy teams at this level. 200+ yards and 3 TDs by half time types of games. He would run 3 kids over for 8-10 hard yards and the next play could blow away everyone for a 50+ yard TD. Looked like Leonard Fournette playing against that competition. Is he interested in Syracuse?

Last edited:
I remember watching CBA games last year to see how Noah was doing and was pleasantly surprised to see Stevie single handedly destroy teams at this level. 200+ yards and 4 TDs by half time types of games. He would run 3 kids over for 8-10 hard yards and the next play could blow away everyone for a 70+ yard TD. Looked like Leonard Fournette playing against that competition. Is he interested in Syracuse?
I can't say right now as I'm not even sure if anybody from the new staff has reached out to him yet. They will at some point he's too good not to and is right in SU's backyard. LSU loves him and Clemson has reached out as well. Him beating teams by himself was another reason it was difficult getting Noah the ball a lot of our games were over pretty quickly so there was no need for us to pass. Section three overall in the AA was probably the worst it's been as a whole in a long time. There was way too many new coaching staffs which brought the quality of play down around here drastically. This year hopefully is better and isn't a new trend of kids not playing anymore as numbers were down big time as a lot of teams had like 25-30 guys playing and that's even at some of the bigger schools.

I can't say right now as I'm not even sure if anybody from the new staff has reached out to him yet. They will at some point he's too good not to and is right in SU's backyard. LSU loves him and Clemson has reached out as well. Him beating teams by himself was another reason it was difficult getting Noah the ball a lot of our games were over pretty quickly so there was no need for us to pass. Section three overall in the AA was probably the worst it's been as a whole in a long time. There was way too many new coaching staffs which brought the quality of play down around here drastically. This year hopefully is better and isn't a new trend of kids not playing anymore as numbers were down big time as a lot of teams had like 25-30 guys playing and that's even at some of the bigger schools.

I'm sure he remembers Mike Hart. Hopefully Mike will reach out and they hit it off.

I would love to see CBA develop into an Aquinas level team (consistent talent wise) that could help create the next SU football powerhouse. If CBA can get to that level and they are feeding their best players to Cuse then it will turn heads at the other better caliber high school programs in NYS.

Last edited:
We have a lot of pro cuse guys on our staff but we don't really have too much influence on the kids we just try to keep it real with them. We try to make sure the school is a good fit and give the kids all the necessary information and tell them to go where you are wanted. Sometimes SU might not be the right fit for the kid or SU but there are definitely kids who could be going there in the next two classes we have some really good prospects in these next two classes.