Wr position dont laugh | Syracusefan.com

Wr position dont laugh

I agree, Ishmael looks the part but he dropped a TD in the first game and multiple passes in the second. Can't think of an example where a player overcome th dropsies to be our top receiver.

I agree, Ishmael looks the part but he dropped a TD in the first game and multiple passes in the second. Can't think of an example where a player overcome th dropsies to be our top receiver.

I don't recall him dropping a TD pass. When was that?

On a long pass Custis had a chance to move to the ball which was on the inside and glided towards the endzone instead of driving towards the ball. This type of WR play drives me crazy. Be hungry and go after the ball.

I like the Conners kid, he seemed/seamed to get it.

I like the Conners kid, he seemed/seamed to get it.
The tight end who looked good in the spring game? He's sitting a year because he transferred in from Holy Cross.

I don't recall him dropping a TD pass. When was that?

I think he is referring to the CCSU game. IMO, Ish thought he had a easy catch for a TD, and the DB knocked it out of his hands. Probably should have been a TD.

I think he is referring to the CCSU game. IMO, Ish thought he had a easy catch for a TD, and the DB knocked it out of his hands. Probably should have been a TD.

I thought he dropped on in the corner/sideline in the endzone vs MTS as well? I know one was an interference that wasn't called but that wasn't a drop and not Ishmael's fault.

I thought he dropped on in the corner/sideline in the endzone vs MTS as well? I know one was an interference that wasn't called but that wasn't a drop and not Ishmael's fault.

Agree that that one was not on Ish. The defender did everything except tackle him while the ball was in the air. The only excuse I can offer for the ref' is that the defender's back was to him so the ref couldn't see the defender's hands crawling all over Ish.

This is the issue. We need at least one guy who can do this. I suppose if we sent Erv vertical more he possibly could.

Ironically, the offense currently reminds me of what Gmac was running...
You mean GROB...right?

Our WRs can't stretch the field.

Yep, and watching MTSU WRs do it and get behind our secondary was disappointing.

We have to start releasing Philips deep more often. We did it on the final 4th down play, but Dungey didn't look at him. He would have outrun that safety who would have had to turn around and burn to catch up.

We're also going to have to figure out how to make Butler and Nykeim catch a football. Speed without hands isn't all that helpful.

Oh...gotcha. I try to put that hire out of my head, however he seems to be doing pretty good things at NC State.

Hes a wr coach, but when here, he stretched field laterally w screens and no down field game. Seems what we are doing now. Maybe all george needed was aet.

Hes a wr coach, but when here, he stretched field laterally w screens and no down field game. Seems what we are doing now. Maybe all george needed was aet.
You are so right, I really despise the screen passes when it is 80% of the passing game.

Yes, that's what I was referring to but you're right -- DB did knock it out of his hands in a surprisingly good play by their defense. My bad.

Yes, that's what I was referring to but you're right -- DB did knock it out of his hands in a surprisingly good play by their defense. My bad.

ETA makes that catch last year. I'm not sold on Ish as a #1 receiver. ETA covered a lot of our deficiencies on offense. I'm ready to see some of the youth at the receiver position. Get them a few reps.

he dropped 2 in the MTSU game and one in the first game. A top WR has to make at least 2 of those 3 catches.

ETA makes that catch last year. I'm not sold on Ish as a #1 receiver. ETA covered a lot of our deficiencies on offense. I'm ready to see some of the youth at the receiver position. Get them a few reps.
I still like Ish, but what's the worst that happens if you play tight man to take away the screen to him? He catches a 7 yard hitch? Need someone who is at least a threat to take the top off like AET last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom