Class of 2017 - WR Tarik Black (CT) Verbal to Michigan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Tarik Black (CT) Verbal to Michigan

You really need to stop saying that.

Ummm...why's that? He's was a higher rated recruit than any player we've recruited in 18+ years. He was an instant starter for a perennial top 10-15 team and looked like a future star until breaking each of his feet and then got stuck behind 2 other guys that are NFL locks. Our assumed #1 is a guy that spent as much time arguing with the QB as he did catching passes. So why again should I stop saying that? If you disagree then spell it out.

Ummm...why's that? He's was a higher rated recruit than any player we've recruited in 18+ years. He was an instant starter for a perennial top 10-15 team and looked like a future star until breaking each of his feet and then got stuck behind 2 other guys that are NFL locks. Our assumed #1 is a guy that spent as much time arguing with the QB as he did catching passes. So why again should I stop saying that? If you disagree then spell it out.

H-Y-P-E-R-B-O-L-E

There I spelled it out.

You're completely discounting anyone that we've recruited this year or that saw limited snaps due to redshirting or otherwise. Ed Hendrix is incredibly talented, so is Ja'Vontae Williams. I'm not hanging my hat on Taj Harris because he's too mercurial for my liking but he's as likely to be a 1,000 receiver next year as Tarik Black is to break his foot again.

If you have the space do you take a chance on him? I think it's a calculated risk and worth the gamble, if he can stay healthy there is a lot of upside. He'd be a great replacement for T Jackson if he can stay healthy, he could really thrive in that role.

while our WRs haven't reaped much as far as NFL rewards, the performances of AET, Ish, Custis and Jackson(NFL rewards pending in his case) are still pretty eye opening for a WR looking for a new home

while our WRs haven't reaped much as far as NFL rewards, the performances of AET, Ish, Custis and Jackson(NFL rewards pending in his case) are still pretty eye opening for a WR looking for a new home
Miami is well positioned to get Black. Not a done deal but he has serious interest in the Canes and it looks like the interest is mutual.

Miami is well positioned to get Black. Not a done deal but he has serious interest in the Canes and it looks like the interest is mutual.
Sigh.

Miami.

Fools gold, not sure why anyone would consider that dumpster fire of a program
Because they put a sh-t ton of dudes in the league even when they win 6 or 7 games. We don't.