Class of 2023 - WR Yazeed Haynes (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/16/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Yazeed Haynes (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/16/23)

4 years of eligibility too. Nice.

Hope he works hard in the weight room. Hard to be successful at only 170 pounds at WR in the ACC.

Speaking of S&C, I think this is the last domino to fall building the new staff.

Coach Brown built it very quickly. He must have enormous energy.

I look it this way - Frosh Taj Harris was VERY successful in the ACC.
He broke Shelby Hill’s Frosh receiving records.

And that was after not even starting for several games, and Dungey having lots of other decent receivers to throw to.
Plus a solid run game, and Dungey calling his own # a lot, so we weren’t just a pass-happy O that pumped up WR stats.

Zeed is a faster, more talented Taj.

Who has already spent a full year with an elite P5 program getting trained up.

There’s no reason to think he couldn’t be very productive, right from the jump.

I look it this way - Frosh Taj Harris was VERY successful in the ACC.
He broke Shelby Hill’s Frosh receiving records.

And that was after not even starting for several games, and Dungey having lots of other decent receivers to throw to.
Plus a solid run game, and Dungey calling his own # a lot, so we weren’t just a pass-happy O that pumped up WR stats.

Zeed is a faster, more talented Taj.

Who has already spent a full year with an elite P5 program getting trained up.

There’s no reason to think he couldn’t be very productive, right from the jump.

literally a full year. He enrolled early last season so he went through a Georgia spring as well.

literally a full year. He enrolled early last season so he went through a Georgia spring as well.

As you may be able to tell by my handle, i have some deep rooted connections to the Georgia area...

MY dawgs (friends that are UGA fans) have told me there is a decent chance we are getting Zeed... and that UGA is or was actively trying to keep him. Nothing wrong with the other 2, they all had good things to say about the other 2... but Zeed is the only 1 they were trying to keep in their pocket.

As you may be able to tell by my handle, i have some deep rooted connections to the Georgia area...

MY dawgs (friends that are UGA fans) have told me there is a decent chance we are getting Zeed... and that UGA is or was actively trying to keep him. Nothing wrong with the other 2, they all had good things to say about the other 2... but Zeed is the only 1 they were trying to keep in their pocket.
Zeed has promise, but there is a chance he doesn’t see the field next year if he stays at UGA
Granted, some thought McConkey would never see the field when he first came in, and look at him now

Last edited:
This kid will be WR #1 next year imho if he commits. Huge upside
*when he commits
But yeah as of right now, with who is on the roster and who I expect on the roster.

QB1-McCord
RB1-Allen
WR1-OG
WR 1A/2-Haynes
WR3-Ross
TE1-Villari

In rotation
RB-Willis
TE-Tremble
WR-Hornsby, Meeks and Mews
KR/PR-Mews (stud returner)

*when he commits
But yeah as of right now, with who is on the roster and who I expect on the roster.

QB1-McCord
RB1-Allen
WR1-OG
WR 1A/2-Haynes
WR3-Ross
TE1-Villari

In rotation
RB-Willis
TE-Tremble
I'm not convinced that Ross, Hornsby, and Meeks are an immediate upgrade over Alford or Hatcher. But time will tell. We still have to see who's even left come spring. It would appear that OG (wr1) and Mews (wr3) are locks.

*when he commits

QB1-McCord
RB1-Allen
WR1-OG
WR 1A/2-Haynes
WR3-Ross
TE1-Villari

In rotation
RB-Willis
TE-Tremble
Given that OG and to a lesser extent Villari can line up at TE or WR, I think the best way to think about it is in terms of the top receiving targets and who will get the most snaps. I think it'll be Haynes, OG, Villari and Meeks as the top four targets with Ross, Hornsby, Mews, and Tremble fighting for playing time.

We can have credible packages with a vast assortment of RB/TE/WR looks which should be a lot of fun. Especially when you consider how Villari was used down the stretch. We can go with a look that's 4 WR and 1 TE (Villari), and depending on the defense's package and look, motion Villari to RB and OG to TE, and suddenly we're able to run the ball against what could be a dime and will almost certainly be a light nickel defense.

When you start thinking about the versatility and talent, it could be a lot of fun.

I'm not convinced that Ross, Hornsby, and Meeks are an immediate upgrade over Alford or Hatcher. But time will tell. We still have to see who's even left come spring. It would appear that OG (wr1) and Mews (wr3) are locks.
Meeks might not be an upgrade but he’s on par with them and probably brings more speed.

Ross is starting here day 1, he’s that good. Hornsby probably doesn’t get starter snaps here year 1. But year 2, he’ll be a big part of the offense if things progress as they should. This class offensively is going to have the most talent in it by far and none of the offensive classes in the last 15 or so years touch this class if we end up with:

QB:
McCord
Williams

RB:
Willis
Hart

WR:
Ross
Hornsby
Hailie
Thomas
Haynes
Meeks
Mews

TE:
Tremble

We haven’t brought in this much offensive talent from the high school/transfer ranks in one offseason…no exaggeration, probably ever.

Crazy part is, if everything goes as planned. The defensive side is on par, maybe even a little better than the offensive side.

Diggs, Norman, Grant are bonafide STUDS
Kingjoseph, Heard are potential studs that have all the tools to be great.

We needed a big time talent influx on offense. Defense! we already have a few studs and doesn’t need an overhaul like the offense. The defense has pieces to work with.

If you keep, Jobity, Jaquez, Wax, Thompson, McDonald, Barron, Clark, Gould, Farmer, Bellamy, Omopariola, Delaine, Bailey, Ingraham, Perry, Fuentes

Then add the Diggs brothers, Norman, Grant, Kingjoseph, Heard, Graham, Caden Brown, Jayden Brown, Matthews-Canty, Long, Lesaine

And hopefully add Barnes, Philostin and a couple more transfers….that’s a great defense to go along with a revamped offense with studs

*when he commits

QB1-McCord
RB1-Allen
WR1-OG
WR 1A/2-Haynes
WR3-Ross
TE1-Villari

In rotation
RB-Willis
TE-Tremble
A punt returner like Estime, and Little who can take it to the house at anytime.
Those type of players can turn any game around.

Meeks might not be an upgrade but he’s on par with them and probably brings more speed.

Ross is starting here day 1, he’s that good. Hornsby probably doesn’t get starter snaps here year 1. But year 2, he’ll be a big part of the offense if things progress as they should. This class offensively is going to have the most talent in it by far and none of the offensive classes in the last 15 or so years touch this class if we end up with:

QB:
McCord
Williams

RB:
Willis
Hart

WR:
Ross
Hornsby
Hailie
Thomas
Haynes
Meeks
Mews

TE:
Tremble

We haven’t brought in this much offensive talent from the high school/transfer ranks in one offseason…no exaggeration, probably ever.

Crazy part is, if everything goes as planned. The defensive side is on par, maybe even a little better than the offensive side.

Diggs, Norman, Grant are bonafide STUDS
Kingjoseph, Heard are potential studs that have all the tools to be great.

We needed a big time talent influx on offense. Defense! we already have a few studs and doesn’t need an overhaul like the offense. The defense has pieces to work with.

If you keep, Jobity, Jaquez, Wax, Thompson, McDonald, Barron, Clark, Gould, Farmer, Bellamy, Omopariola, Delaine, Bailey, Ingraham, Perry, Fuentes

Then add the Diggs brothers, Norman, Grant, Kingjoseph, Heard, Graham, Caden Brown, Jayden Brown, Matthews-Canty, Long, Lesaine

And hopefully add Barnes, Philostin and a couple more transfers….that’s a great defense to go along with a revamped offense with studs
Anything less than the ACC championship game next season will be a disappointment. Only the Canes and Mario Cristobal stand in the way.

Yeah, there are NFL receivers who have a lot of success at 170 lbs. Be a good route runner and have a knack for avoiding hits - sense them coming and duck under, dip out of bounds, etc.

Just gotta dodge dip dive and… dodge
justin long dodgeball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

All I’m gonna say is Manny’s better be ready to start manufacturing some jerseys, lol.
Speaking of Jerseys - where can I get a legitimate authentic jersey? Not like the $40 replica I currently have from 20 years ago lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom