WVU 13.5@ Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WVU 13.5@ Syracuse

Is WV really any better this year because of a new scheme?

last year before playing SU they had games of avg 250 passing, other than the LSU game this year 350. thats nice,

last year they avg 200 rushing, now its down to 130 other than the LSU game.

thats 450 vs 480 in total yds. and the bowl green game really skews the numbers..take that out and the only difference is they played better(stats wise) in a game they lost year by 6 and this year by 26..

last year no one score more than 21. this year 31 and 47 allowed..

they do seem a bit more explosive..
Why in the world would you take out the LSU game?

"aside from that game where they rolled up alot of yards against the best team in the country..."

how was the play, mrs. lincoln?

I think by shortening the game we may win or stay close or lose 35-7.. by going all out we might win but could also see losing 60-7.. not sure the fan base sees it different either way. would the public perception be better?

A loss is a loss, no matter what way you look at it, the attendance will suck regardless win or lose afterwards. In addition, It's an ESPN game, would you rather stumble bumble through a loss showing absolutely nothing on offense or would you rather try and go take it to them, get the crowd going early.

It's a Friday night game on the mothership, not ESPN 2, anyone who is a college football fan outside of Rutgers/Ville will be watching the game.. I should know I watched Hawaii/ San Jose St from start to finish last Friday night. From an exposure stand point, this is the biggest games of Marrone's career..

Well, mark, all I can say is I'm pretty sure you would've written the same post last year before we went into Morgantown and whooped their ass. If it was an automatic blowout, Vegas would have made them 28 point faves. I find it hilarious that we are less than 365 days from the last time we all said "we have no chance" and yet some of us have some sort of amnesia going on. Kind of comical

These aren't the same teams as last year. Would I like to see SU win - of course. But I'm being realistic based on the opening line.

WV is much much better, as Marrone even admits. And we are nowhere near the team we were last year with level of play. If you want to play the last year card, then what about the previous 8 years vs. WV? All SU losses. Oh, and the last 2 home games were 21 and 41 pt losses to WV, respectively.

Is WV really any better this year because of a new scheme?

last year before playing SU they had games of avg 250 passing, other than the LSU game this year 350. thats nice,

last year they avg 200 rushing, now its down to 130 other than the LSU game.

thats 450 vs 480 in total yds. and the bowl green game really skews the numbers..take that out and the only difference is they played better(stats wise) in a game they lost year by 6 and this year by 26..

last year no one score more than 21. this year 31 and 47 allowed..

they do seem a bit more explosive..
you left out the part where they average over 40 pts/game this year vs 28 pts/game last year - new scheme = scores more points = better

These aren't the same teams as last year. Would I like to see SU win - of course. But I'm being realistic based on the opening line.

WV is much much better, as Marrone even admits. And we are nowhere near the team we were last year with level of play. If you want to play the last year card, then what about the previous 8 years vs. WV? All SU losses. Oh, and the last 2 home games were 21 and 41 pt losses to WV, respectively.

Good post. I may have been drunk last night

FYI, the line hasn't moved one iota in four days. Hmmm

Exactly. And that means its not a huge spread.
If we can keep the ball off the turf, and Nassib keeps the ball out of the yellow/blue jerseys, and somehow crate some TOs, we def have a chance. Slow the game down, run the ball, win the TO battle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom