WVU leaving the to the Big 12 on WFAN | Syracusefan.com

WVU leaving the to the Big 12 on WFAN

The Big East would trade Air Force or Navy for West Virginia every day of the week in terms of the quality of the football program. No disrespect, but that's just an observation I think most would agree with who understand football.

Just heard on The Fan that WVU is leaving the big east for the big 12 on a sports update.

Found it in the ny post also
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/colleg...leave_big_east_for_big_aS3e4cF01Oc4fAyQ6qlw4O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reporting the news is one thing. Injecting personal opinion and venom into a 'news' story makes it an opinion column, and should be labeled that way. He's been around long enough to know that - or maybe it's that he's been around long enough that he knows he can get away with it. :rolleyes:

"Mark Nordenberg, the president of Pitt who stabbed Big East commissioner John Marinatto in the back by taking his school to the ACC..."

whoa...Mizzou hasnt left yet for the SEC and the Big 12 hasnt said it will go beyond 10...so WVU may/may not be favorite to be replacement for Mizzou...but only happens if Mizzou leaves

This is all setting up very nicely for Rutgers in their quest for a BCS berth.

whoa...Mizzou hasnt left yet for the SEC and the Big 12 hasnt said it will go beyond 10...so WVU may/may not be favorite to be replacement for Mizzou...but only happens if Mizzou leaves
Actually, as I read the article it sounds like the Big 12 is contemplating going to 16 teams with WVU most likely and Lousiville and Cinci as strong possibilities, with or without Missouri.

Reporting the news is one thing. Injecting personal opinion and venom into a 'news' story makes it an opinion column, and should be labeled that way. He's been around long enough to know that - or maybe it's that he's been around long enough that he knows he can get away with it. :rolleyes:

"Mark Nordenberg, the president of Pitt who stabbed Big East commissioner John Marinatto in the back by taking his school to the ACC..."

Pitt and Syracuse managed to pull off the BEST HEEL TURN EVER! Vince mcmahon could learn a few things from Norderberg, Cantor and Swofford.

If Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and West Virginia are all headed elsewhere, whether it be in one or two years, Big East Football Conference would probably collapse, leaving the exit penalties moot.

This is what I've been saying for months now. The only way we get out of here before 2014 is for the conference to collapse.

It won't collapse unless wv or any others leave early. Will wv stay the whole 27 months or just take off?

It won't collapse unless wv or any others leave early. Will wv stay the whole 27 months or just take off?

If WV and UL leave then the BE would have 4 FB teams. At that point there is no way a MWC or CUSA team would join the BE. So the left behind schools would need to leave and join the MWC/CUSA merger. Since all the FB schools would be leaving, what is the point in staying together for the 2012 season?

If WV and UL leave then the BE would have 4 FB teams. At that point there is no way a MWC or CUSA team would join the BE. So the left behind schools would need to leave and join the MWC/CUSA merger. Since all the FB schools would be leaving, what is the point in staying together for the 2012 season?
Scheduling probably can't be shored up quickly enough. The League would most likely stay together for one more season before it disbands imo.

haven't read that anywhere - why do you assume that is the case?

Scheduling probably can't be shored up quickly enough. The League would most likely stay together for one more season before it disbands imo.

Yeah, that's my take too. Can't avoid the scheduling problems. We're here for one more year.

What about the mega conference? I guess the Big East wouldn't be driving those discussions anymore, hunh?

Every team that jumps ship will be held to the 27 month process. This is all about money, principle, and and oh yeah, the BCS AQ!!! Marinatto won't let anyone leave because the Big East early because will lose out in millions of dollars for one and two, he is so bitter about teams leaving that he won't budge on the 27 month period.

If no one else joins up, SU and Pitt are gone for sure in 26 months. Everybody else that stays is going to be in a Conference with only 6 teams. It would be in their best interests to get their 27 month clock ticking as soon as possible if the Big East is really going to hold them to it.

Every team that jumps ship will be held to the 27 month process. This is all about money, principle, and and oh yeah, the BCS AQ!!! Marinatto won't let anyone leave because the Big East early because will lose out in millions of dollars for one and two, he is so bitter about teams leaving that he won't budge on the 27 month period.

of course he's bitter and won't budge. This is his job, career, and not to mention potentially full athletic programs that may crumble b/c of these mergers. What I don't get is the constant bitterness by cuse fans that just want the other programs to fail. Like we're in the acc now so just put your nose up at the other big east programs. Now I"m not saying you need to support them, but some of these programs may be left out, and their programs crumble, and then coaches fired, players without scholorships, and down it goes.

Yeah, that's my take too. Can't avoid the scheduling problems. We're here for one more year.
cuse/pitt are involved in the acc scheduling already... so who knows.

these rumors are annoying as all hell. every day it is something new. its a big ass soap opera.

Um staying for 2012 and 2013 will do nothing for the BE's BCS bid in 2014 and beyond. The BE won't lose its bid in 2012 or 2013 as long as they get schools to replace Pitt, SU, and WV. The BE's BCS bid is gone after 2013. So why keep us?

Just heard on The Fan that WVU is leaving the big east for the big 12 on a sports update.

Found it in the ny post also
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/colleg...leave_big_east_for_big_aS3e4cF01Oc4fAyQ6qlw4O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many FB only schools have to vote yes to increase BE FB membership ? Seems to me that if WVU, Ville and Cincy also go to B12, that's 5 schools (including SU and Pitt) who can vote no on expansion unless they are allowed to leave early. At that point only USF, The Girls and UConn are left as FB members. This could get very interesting.

How many FB only schools have to vote yes to increase BE FB membership ? Seems to me that if WVU, Ville and Cincy also go to B12, that's 5 schools (including SU and Pitt) who can vote no on expansion unless they are allowed to leave early. At that point only USF, The Girls and UConn are left as FB members. This could get very interesting.

Or can SU, Pitt and WVU get some back-room lobbying going among the BBall onlies -- such as GT, Nova and SJU to garner enough votes to block expansion. Time to pull a Warner on them.

Or can SU, Pitt and WVU get some back-room lobbying going among the BBall onlies -- such as GT, Nova and SJU to garner enough votes to block expansion. Time to pull a Warner on them.

Set us free and we'll continue playing you on national TV for the next 10 years.