WVU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WVU

But even then they played a predominant eastern schedule. This is just one example of how the conference realignment crap has really messed up a lot of schools athletic programs. All decisions were made based on football and TV. The vast majority of college athletics is based on regional rivalries. The reason SU is/willnot be as affected is they are still playing games in the same regions they have been and for the most part none of our rivals were really all that close to begin with. Still have Pitt. Lose Uconn & Rutgirls, pick back up BC. Lose St Johns, pick up annual games in NYC and will play the Johnnies non-conference as we will likely with GTown and Nova. Lose WVU, pick back up VPI, add Virginia and tobacco road. Lose USF pickback up Miami and add FSU. Those are far away rivalries but with so many NYers in Florida does it matter especuially socne everyone loves to visit Florida. WVU is on an island and its their own doing. It also may not help them that when I tried to access their schedule on Yahoo Sports it takes me to Washington State!

Agree. New York, Peekskill, Mount Vernon - all those places they've been picking up talent are suddenly uninterested in West Virginia's opponents. They've lost their stage.

Too bad - they've been a good program who's given us a lot of good games going way back before both the Big East and the ECAC.

OttoinGrotto said:
Eh. I consider Pitt a Northern team.

I've always considered Pittsburgh the start of the Midwest. I guess we have our own perspective.

I've always considered Pittsburgh the start of the Midwest. I guess we have our own perspective.

I was once talking to a guy from Iowa, and happened to mention that Illinois was in the midwest. He says, midwest? Illinois is in the east.

While I understand the historical development of the midwest designation, from a current geographical prespective, Illinois would be in the mideast part of the USA. Somehow I don't see that gaining traction.

Last edited:
This was only a matter of time before the Big12 move came back to haunt this program. Not good

I would rather have them in the ACC than UCONN or ND (notwithstanding the important monetary truths of the ND affiliation)

What has happened to WVU and Huggins program?

The famous Bob Huggins loving hug of De'Sean Butler was over the top. It just looked wrong! The program has never been the same since.

They are on an Island in the Big 12 and it has to be hard for them to recruit because of this
Those Fightin' Gilligans are a fiesty bunch!
gilligan.jpg

This was only a matter of time before the Big12 move came back to haunt this program. Not good

I didn't think it'd come back to bite them this quickly. Its been 2 years. Both bball and footbal have fallen off the map.

And there are some ppl in Pitt that consider themselves part of the South

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom