WWW Alert: Noel to play in Nike Hoop Summit 4/7 | Syracusefan.com

WWW Alert: Noel to play in Nike Hoop Summit 4/7

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
in Portland. If you read the article on WWW posted you know that he attends this showcase every year and coincidentally the top unsigned HS players then commit to UK. I smell trouble here. BTW both NN and Shabazz will be in this game playing on the team with UK recruit Archie Goodwin.

Bad news. This is where future multi-million dollar shoe deal promises are made, and teenage kids subsequently go on TV and announce their commitment to UK

How do players afford to play in all of these All Star Games? Noel has more travel this month than some airline pilots I know. Chicago for McDonald AA; All American Championships New Orleans; Portland, OR for the Nike Hoops Summit. Anything I've missed?

How do players afford to play in all of these All Star Games? Noel has more travel this month than some airline pilots I know. Chicago for McDonald AA; All American Championships New Orleans; Portland, OR for the Nike Hoops Summit. Anything I've missed?
Miami a couple weeks ago

was noel in chicago? why?

The longer this drags out, the worse for SU IMO. I would have paid to have his April 11th commitment date moved up about 2-3 weeks

The longer this drags out, the worse for SU IMO. I would have paid to have his April 11th commitment date moved up about 2-3 weeks

EC I prefer your more confident posts... :)

You guys know that WWW is very close with JB as well right? Let's not act like Calipari is the only one with WWW ties.

I wouldn't panic about this Nike Summit stuff. Sure Noel could be swayed to attend UK...but we simply don't know anything at this point. Pointless to speculate what may/may not happen.

Your nose is very goo
in Portland. If you read the article on WWW posted you know that he attends this showcase every year and coincidentally the top unsigned HS players then commit to UK. I smell trouble here. BTW both NN and Shabazz will be in this game playing on the team with UK recruit Archie Goodwin.
d the trouble started last night with Calipari's win and Davis' exit. I'd like to think that someone from the Orangemen has made contact with NN and remind him that coming to Syracuse makes him unique like Carmelo was when he came here and won a NC and left. Going to Kentucky will foster comparison's at ever move . Here he would be totally without comparisons . except for some geezer memories of Bouie and those would be far and few between.SUball We all know he ain't coming here unless the idea of playing with DC2 really interests him. I know it fascinates me and every other BB that follows Syracuse.Sometimes these things can happen but fairy tales are usually just that. Instead of "Once upon a time" Its more like " Not this time .":bang:

We're a Nike school too, aren't we? There should be something in it for us for wearing those stupid uniforms that Nike designs for us every year. I mean wasn't the Duct Tape their idea?

You guys know that WWW is very close with JB as well right? Let's not act like Calipari is the only one with WWW ties.

April 2008
Under the moonlight here, the Riverwalk bustles with coaches, administrators and players in town for the men’s college basketball Final Four.

William Wesley strolls through this world — his world — with a confident gait, his head high and a nod for almost everyone he passes. It takes only a few steps to assess his influence.

Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim and St. Joseph’s Coach Phil Martelli offer him a seat at their dinner table. A few steps away, assistant coaches from the America East to the Southeastern Conference reverently shake his hand. Wesley rubs the belly of Leon Rose, the agent for LeBron James, and whispers in the ear of a prominent ticket peddler.
All the players here — those in the game and those who run it — know and love William Wesley. They call him Wes, or Uncle Wes, or World Wide Wes.
------
“I don’t have any clue what he does or how financially he benefits from this,” Boeheim said. “I don’t know. But he’s just there. He’s around. He knows all the pro guys, their agents, the sneaker people, the coaches, general managers, media people. There’s no one he doesn’t know.”
Calipari was once quoted as calling Wesley (also known as Worldwide Wes) a "goodwill ambassador" for the Memphis program, but he says that's wrong.
"I said, 'For me, personally,' " Calipari says, adding that Wesley is also close with Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim and Duke's Mike Krzyzewski.
Wes traveled with Team USA to the Olympics in 2008 when Boeheim assisted Krzyzewski.​

I know jake said its down togtown and us but ive always thought its us and uk with him leaning to uk but what do i know

I know jake said its down togtown and us but ive always thought its us and uk with him leaning to uk but what do i know
too many twists and turns to listen to anymore. first he's a uk lean, then gtown lean, then down to uk and su, then down to gtown and su... smh

I wouldn't panic about this Nike Summit stuff. Sure Noel could be swayed to attend UK...but we simply don't know anything at this point. Pointless to speculate what may/may not happen.

there is close and then there is close. never seen the guy at the dome, in msg, at any su game. he has been prominent with calimari and uk. think if that was us last night he'd be on the court making gestures to the su fans and then hugging all or players? really don't think so. i'm sure a lot of coaches try to stay "close" to him because he is someone you want on your side and not against you because of his influence.

Remember World Wide Wes' closest friend/business partner is Leon Rose from CAA. Many credit WWW for introducing Lebron and Leon, thus beginning WWW's influance on the NBA. Interesting enough outside of Lebron James; some of Rose's clients are Iverson, Johnny Flynn and Carmelo Anthony. World Wide Wes was a major player in the Melo trade situation. He and Denver's owner went toe to toe.

Leon Rose was also asked to speak to Syracuse's Law School in March 2009. The ultimate prize in the cicles of influance is representing him come draft day. I'd say Cuse has horses in the race to push him toward us.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Calipari's best player ever is an Adidas guy Derrick Rose! Business is never that simple or one sided

NN didn't make the McDonald's AA game and thus wasn't in Chicago, but he will be in Charlotte for the Jordan Brand in the middle of April so I guess it evens out...

Remember World Wide Wes' closest friend/business partner is Leon Rose from CAA. Many credit WWW for introducing Lebron and Leon, thus beginning WWW's influance on the NBA. Interesting enough outside of Lebron James; some of Rose's clients are Iverson, Johnny Flynn and Carmelo Anthony. World Wide Wes was a major player in the Melo trade situation. He and Denver's owner went toe to toe.

Leon Rose was also asked to speak to Syracuse's Law School in March 2009. The ultimate prize in the cicles of influance is representing him come draft day. I'd say Cuse has horses in the race to push him toward us.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Everything you need to know is in this thread. Boeheim made some serious friends coaching Team USA. WWW and Leon Rose have as much to do with our recruiting success lately as our winning games.

The fact that Boeheim offered World Wide Wes a seat at his table tells me we are where we are because we know how to play the modern day recruiting game. Anyone whining about Calipari's "dirtiness" is just an idiot to me. He's just better at the game than we are.

Noel would not seriously consider us unless his handlers give the thumbs up. There will be a push towards KY right now I'm sure, all depends on how much this kid wants to play with MCW and Hopkins.

Everything you need to know is in this thread. Boeheim made some serious friends coaching Team USA. WWW and Leon Rose have as much to do with our recruiting success lately as our winning games.

The fact that Boeheim offered World Wide Wes a seat at his table tells me we are where we are because we know how to play the modern day recruiting game. Anyone whining about Calipari's "dirtiness" is just an idiot to me. He's just better at the game than we are.

Noel would not seriously consider us unless his handlers give the thumbs up. There will be a push towards KY right now I'm sure, all depends on how much this kid wants to play with MCW and Hopkins.
All very valid points but the Melo Center certainly is a tremendous asset/ magnet as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom