XFL Starts (Again) | Syracusefan.com

XFL Starts (Again)

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Not much of a football fan, so I was more of a note when I saw XFL was starting this weekend. I can see with the TV value of sports content currently, that perhaps a new league has a minor chance to work.

But why would you brand the league with the same name of an epic failure?
Could they (Vince) have not thought of a new name. Look at it as a fresh start.

About 3 years after the original post, and with the Rock now the face of the ownership group (instead of Vince McMahon) the XFL has started again. Not even sure if it even officially started in 2020.

I still ask the same question as I did in 2020. With sports TV deals at the level they are now minor league football has as good a chance as ever of being viable even if not followed much.. But why would you brand yourself the XFL? Just come up with a new name. How does the XFL "Brand" have any name value. Why would some pay a few million for that name?

From watching highlights on SportsCentre and briefly hearing PTI talk about it. they seem to have a couple good differentiators.
- I like the way they have brought back kick returns to the game in a safe way. They have both teams line up around the 35 or 40 (in the offensive zone), so that there is not much speed gathered.
- Teams have a 1,2 or 3 point option after TD's. (None involve PAT kicks)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom