Yale to forgo 2021 season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yale to forgo 2021 season

Unfortunately that wont help guys like Teat and others who are playing on their 5th year and were Seniors last year. It will help guys who are true seniors this year though across the IVY league.
Not fully following. Does this mean Cornell is officially not playing this year?

Curious about the timing - what happens to the kids who already dis-enrolled? Can they re-enroll now? If Teat enrolls in grad school next year (2022) could he play for Cornell then?

Curious about the timing - what happens to the kids who already dis-enrolled? Can they re-enroll now? If Teat enrolls in grad school next year (2022) could he play for Cornell then?

Teat and anyone who is a 5th year senior has to play this spring or their eligibility ends. Ivy can't extend there eligibility.

Dad has a coworker whose son has some connection to the team. They ain't playin and it's been known for at least a month.

Yup, I think there is only one school trying to figure a way to play (Dartmouth or Brown) but everyone else has given in to the inevitable. Have to feel for the 5th year guys who came back like Teat and some at Penn and I think Brown. IVY could have given them a heads up months and months ago so they could have transferred.

Yup, I think there is only one school trying to figure a way to play (Dartmouth or Brown) but everyone else has given in to the inevitable. Have to feel for the 5th year guys who came back like Teat and some at Penn and I think Brown. IVY could have given them a heads up months and months ago so they could have transferred.
the cynical part of me thinks the Ivy's wanted to lock in students' tuition and that's why the "official" decision is so late in coming. This isn't just about lacrosse.

school just started for Cornell. maybe some kids come back, but if there is no season why bother.

school just started for Cornell. maybe some kids come back, but if there is no season why bother.
Tuition has to be paid before classes start and depending upon circumstances not refundable. That's a big nut to swallow.

kids often show up and pay and start after classes are started.. happens all the time.. but if lax doesnt play and most programs are 4 yrs any would take the semester off and come back in the fall.

I don’t think this’ll affect the Ivy too much but HS seniors (Class of 2021) are screwed the most by these decisions to offer college players more eligibility.

These kids are going to spend their first two years in school competing with teammates 4-5 years older than them.

Many of these super seniors are going to heavily influence how 2021ers’ roles on teams are determined.

And this is after they’ve had their junior and senior years of HS either completely canceled or cut in half (with nothing past Sectionals).

/end rant

Too bad PS has been such a disappointment - would have been a good measuring stick for them.
Lehigh would be great if they can work into their schedule.

Villanova, Penn State, Lehigh, Drexel, ROMO, Bucknell, Saint Joseph’s, Lafayette.
Isn't Robt Morris outside Pittsburgh? Probably wouldn't be considered local.
1616707329671.gif

Isn't Robt Morris outside Pittsburgh? Probably wouldn't be considered local. View attachment 198769
Yeah I wasn’t sure if they meant like within the state as local or what lol but glad to see they are waking up and deciding to play the second half of this season. Hopefully some of the other Ivy’s follow suit.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if they meant like within the state as local or what lol but glad to see they are waking up and deciding to play the second half of this season. Hopefully some of the other Ivy’s follow suit.
I would imagine their opponents would likely be Drexel (literally next door to Penn), St. Joe's, and Villanova. the others are far enough away not to be considered local.