Yankees buy back YES Network | Syracusefan.com

Yankees buy back YES Network

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
this is good news

Yankees Reportedly Buy Back YES Network for $3.4 Billion

"The New York Yankees have agreed to a deal with Disney to buy back the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network (YES) for $3.4 billion, according to Fox Business on Friday.

While the Yankees previously owned 20 percent of YES with 21st Century Fox owning the remaining 80 percent, the organization decided to purchase YES fully from Disney after Disney purchased Fox's assets for $71.3 billion...
As part of the sale, the Yankees are reportedly partnering with Amazon, Sinclair Broadcast Group and Blackstone Group. The partnership could lead to some Yankees games being streamed by Amazon in an effort to reach a wider audience."

Can they fire Kay as part of the deal? Hate that windbag

I don’t want to stream a goddamn thing. Every game better be on my normal cable either on YES, 11Alive or if it’s on some other crappy channel..then get me John & Suzyn synced up while I’m making demands.

I don’t want to stream a goddamn thing. Every game better be on my normal cable either on YES, 11Alive or if it’s on some other crappy channel..then get me John & Suzyn synced up while I’m making demands.
I don't think you are reading that correctly (no surprise there). I think that means that they are going to use other devices for people that don't get YES. I don't understand why they ever sold any part of YES. NESN is the cash cow for the Sox. And the Yanks and the Sox don't have to share one cent with any other Big league team for their profits on YES and NESN

I don't think you are reading that correctly (no surprise there). I think that means that they are going to use other devices for people that don't get YES. I don't understand why they ever sold any part of YES. NESN is the cash cow for the Sox. And the Yanks and the Sox don't have to share one cent with any other Big league team for their profits on YES and NESN
What I meant was, last year there were 2 Mets games that were not available on cable.

If you wanted to watch, I believe it was on Facebook or something. Mets fans were forced to do some kind of streaming. A few diehards I know, just listened on the radio...pissed.