yards per play is fine, number of plays is terrible | Syracusefan.com

yards per play is fine, number of plays is terrible

Millhouse

Living Legend
We average 59 plays a game against P5, our p5 opponents average 74. that difference is 64th out of 65 p5 teams

We are 26th out of 65 teams in yards per play margin (offense minus defense)

(Limiting this to teams that have played 7 or more games against p5 and only looking at the games they played against p5 teams)

Our turnover margin is ok, our punting is horrendous

We have only 4 4th down attempts in 8 p5 games

Why the f are we punting so much. We need to keep the ball and our punter isn't up to it

STOP PUNTING

Shrader eats it way too much on plays where he needs to unload it too. It dings our yards per play only a little but it kills our plays per game. His 3 yard runs on 3rd and 8 that kill drives are no good. makes him look more efficient passing though... ugh

Last edited:
When you’re hitting on 30-40 yard plays,
like we did like no other game this year yesterday, you are aware that your number of plays will decrease...right?

I said to friends last night, we should not punt the rest of the game. Pretty obvious we were not stopping Wake. Also agree whole heartedly on Schrader taking sacks.

shrader has killed too many drives they back half of the season.

I’ll never understand how a starting P5 QB doesn’t know that if you’re infinity yards behind the LOS and outside the tackle box, just throw the flarging ball to the cheerleaders to avoid taking the long sack.

And absolutely, positively do NOT run out of bounds in that situation -
since you’ve just gifted the opposing D yet another sack.

Tommy D did this, GS does this.
It is maddening.

We have a whole new OC and QB coach - does neither of them ever stress this with GS??

When you’re hitting on 30-40 yard plays,
like we did like no other game this year yesterday, you are aware that your number of plays will decrease...right?
We are 38th out of 65 teams who've played 7 p5 games in 30+ yard plays per game

I am aware this will only make you even more grumpy but I thought you should know that you're wrong

i'm talking about the whole year and you come in to tell me that most of the year they didn't complete long plays like last night, yeah, i know

Last edited:
I’ll never understand how a starting P5 QB doesn’t know that if you’re infinity yards behind the LOS and outside the tackle box, just throw the flarging ball to the cheerleaders to avoid taking the long sack.

And absolutely, positively do NOT run out of bounds in that situation -
since you’ve just gifted the opposing D yet another sack.

Tommy D did this, GS does this.
It is maddening.

We have a whole new OC and QB coach - does neither of them ever stress this with GS??
I am starting to wonder if he doesn't want the incompletion impacting his efficiency statistics because of that

as for yesterday, what can you do other than take chances to keep the ball - our defense is decimated and they could take safe easy chunks all day long.

shrader took us out of a lot of times where we could've gone for it (and babers would've punted terribly anyway so who cares)

those back to back sacks in the first half really hurt and no reason for either one..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom