Yes! UMBC!!! | Syracusefan.com

Yes! UMBC!!!

I'd love a rematch of the first round NCAA game where we were a #1 seed and beat them by 50.
And yet nearly everyone here is still butthurt over the loss. Not sure why...

I think a lot of it has to do with the idiot coach who went to ESPN and brought the game up literally every time he was on air.
He hasn't been on air for like 5 years...

At some point we've got to let it go.

And yet nearly everyone here is still butthurt over the loss. Not sure why...
Yeah, I can't think of a single reason why.
smb-100318-brennan2jpg-52e5dac0e60896b5.jpg

Kind of sets up some interesting story lines. UVM gets the auto bid to the nit. Might see another matchup.
prolly harder on you than anything that might transpire tomorrow, huh?

I was watching the game and noticed DJ Carstensen was one of the refs. He was a back up plan recruit for SU in 1981, and told me that Boeheim was the guy that got him a scholarship to Utica college. He's still a big SU fan (or at least he was when I knew him)and he may have played a role in the overturned, out of bounds call that gave UMBC the ball at the end of the game ;)

Kind of sets up some interesting story lines. UVM gets the auto bid to the nit. Might see another matchup.
I hate the nit but if it happens sign me up to beat those clowns.

prolly harder on you than anything that might transpire tomorrow, huh?
My expectations are really low for tomorrow. Knowing UVM has no chance, despite dominating their conference all year long and playing their ooc really tough (albeit giving away some chances) is a bit deflating.

I was watching the game and noticed DJ Carstensen was one of the refs. He was a back up plan recruit for SU in 1981, and told me that Boeheim was the guy that got him a scholarship to Utica college. He's still a big SU fan (or at least he was when I knew him)and he may have played a role in the overturned, out of bounds call that gave UMBC the ball at the end of the game ;)
That one was tough because I really didn't see anything that clearly showed the call on the floor was wrong.

The only problem I had with the officiating today we're the two charges called that we're absolutely flops. Those changed the way UVM played.

That being said, UVM played way too tight in the second half, and played way more iso than they have all year. Got out coached I think.

That one was tough because I really didn't see anything that clearly showed the call on the floor was wrong.

The only problem I had with the officiating today we're the two charges called that we're absolutely flops. Those changed the way UVM played.

That being said, UVM played way too tight in the second half, and played way more iso than they have all year. Got out coached I think.
Yeah, I didnt think there was enough to overturn that call...no matter which way they had called it on the floor I think it should have stood.

I remember where I was. Didn't think we could lose.
That's why. ( but we cool ) freaking Catamounts...

I was a huge fan of America East basketball at the time, and I knew Vermont was really good. I remember posting on the board before the game that UVM shouldn’t be taken lightly and getting scoffed at. Still remember when TJ Sorenwhogivesaneff hit the dagger 3 thinking “dammit, exactly what I was afraid of”.

I will always hate those green mountain losers, and loved seeing them lose in heartbreaking fashion today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom