Yet another BJ Thread | Syracusefan.com

Yet another BJ Thread

T

tee1222

Seriously, let's get behind this guy and Chino. They are basically thrust into the fire now. Both will make mistakes. So did Roberson. So did MikeG. So did Cooney. So did Roc (cough, cough, foul. cough) And so forth. This is unexpected and probably a tough situation to step into.

Does not mean they can't overcome. I think BJ will get it a lot faster than Chino. But he's going to miss a bunch of shots. He's not going to get out on the baseline or wing shooter. It will happen, but eventually he will come around. Give them some time. I don't expect something to click overnight. More growing pains than we already imagined before the season started. But we'll get there. Just make the tourney, that should be the goal.

I'm telling you now: everyone will forget themselves and the doom and gloom they posted once the shots start falling, but how about we welcome these two guys and the new challenge set forth!

I still believe this is a tournament team. We've had some great halves of basketball. Just need to put it all together and be consistent and we're as good as many and nearly all top 25 teams.

tumblr_mcgehyAgD51r9haqw.jpg

Seriously, let's get behind this guy and Chino. They are basically thrust into the fire now. Both will make mistakes. So did Roberson. So did MikeG. So did Cooney. So did Roc (cough, cough, foul. cough) And so forth. This is unexpected and probably a tough situation to step into.

Does not mean they can't overcome. I think BJ will get it a lot faster than Chino. But he's going to miss a bunch of shots. He's not going to get out on the baseline or wing shooter. It will happen, but eventually he will come around. Give them some time. I don't expect something to click overnight. More growing pains than we already imagined before the season started. But we'll get there. Just make the tourney, that should be the goal.

I'm telling you now: everyone will forget themselves and the doom and gloom they posted once the shots start falling, but how about we welcome these two guys and the new challenge set forth!

I still believe this is a tournament team. We've had some great halves of basketball. Just need to put it all together and be consistent and we're as good as many and nearly all top 25 teams.
Amen, tee!

I think BJ's biggest issues where getting out of position on defense and taking some shots that weren't open early in the clock. I also felt he was just a tad fast on his shot release which was the cause of most of his misses. He rebounded very well and actually had a more diverse game with the bounce than I expected. I for one expect mistakes but also good play from BJ. The mistakes he was making IMO are completely fixable and experience related rather than huge flaws in his ability or technique.

Now Chino on the other hand we have much less of a sample size with but his game is obviously mostly non existent on the offensive end. He seems to have a general idea of where to be and go in the zone but doesn't have the foot work or reaction time down yet. I like how he peruses the ball off the glass. He's got to play and learn how to get through 4min stretches while holding up on defense and only fouling when necessary.

I'm routing for these guys! Goooooooooooooooooooo Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssseeeeeeeeeeeee!

BJ is not far away from being a solid contributor. He's logged significant minutes earlier this season, he's already a very solid rebounder statistically, his defense will only continue to improve and his shot will start to fall soon. I'll go as far to predict he'll win us a few games this season.

Chino will likely to take a bit longer to make a positive impact, but he's been in the program for two years now and has been practicing against our bigs all that time, so I'm hopeful we will see some good things from him soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom