Yikes | Syracusefan.com

Yikes

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Covid cases seem to be starting a surge in NY State. Hope it controlled quickly Could definitely affect schedule

link?
Just google it there are several articles. My hometown is a hotspot. Cuomo is sending rapid testing machines to several hotspots. The orthodox Jewish Communities have been another area. Tough to deal with that. ( Not making any judgements here)

I did which is why I was wondering what you were referring too...Onondaga County had 12 cases yesterday...pretty much inline with daily cases over the last few months. Or are you referring to the location of our next opponent (Duke)?

There's some stuff in the Orthodox community in Rockland, Sullivan, and Brooklyn / Queens.

There's some stuff in the Orthodox community in Rockland, Sullivan, and Brooklyn / Queens.

Gotcha...I was googling for stuff that was relevant to our team and our area as the post said it could affect our schedule.

I did which is why I was wondering what you were referring too...Onondaga County had 12 cases yesterday...pretty much inline with daily cases over the last few months. Or are you referring to the location of our next opponent (Duke)?
I live in Broome County

Not a concern with current numbers of course. But if it continues then I could see College athletics on the chopping block. If things reverted to last spring, hopefully won’t happen

Onondaga had 30 cases yesterday still an increase

Interesting...that number is different than what the County posts.

COVID-19 Data and Reports – Onondaga County – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

I tend to lean towards what the County provides as being more accurate. According to McMahon the State double counts a lot of positive tests. Not sure if that is causing the discrepancy or not though.

In NYC it's the Orthodox community that's leading the way.

COVID-19 Data and Reports – Onondaga County – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

I tend to lean towards what the County provides as being more accurate. According to McMahon the State double counts a lot of positive tests. Not sure if that is causing the discrepancy or not though.
County cases have been pretty flat for a long time. Looks like the college kids coming in haven't made an impact. Good to see.

Great point, I have heard that similar thing from people on public health; the county vs state discrepancy in numbers. Also, we need to look at relative #'s as being < .01 positivity for so long after the sacrifices and great job NY achieved, will look even more significant after our success.

Guess I look at it different, I think you jump all over even a small surge ( which we absolutely have in Broome) because once that snowball gets rolling it is 10x harder to stop.

Agree with jumping on the surge. But what is the percentage of positive tests number? That’s really the number to watch, to see if it remains under control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom