You are looking live... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You are looking live...

Wonder if this has at least a little to do with Brent's odd support of Joe Mixon recently.

It wasn't really 'odd' or 'support' though. It got blown out of proportion, imo. In recent years, he got hammered on social media for saying a girl was pretty and for wishing a young man, who made a terrible mistake, well in his future endeavors. Neither was worthy of criticism.

It wasn't really 'odd' or 'support' though. It got blown out of proportion, imo. In recent years, he got hammered on social media for saying a girl was pretty and for wishing a young man, who made a terrible mistake, well in his future endeavors. Neither was worthy of criticism.

I think he won over a whole new generation of fans with his slobbering over AJs girl, lol

I thought his comments were pretty tame actually, said he believes in second chances. Who can argue with that? If anyone should be taking heat over Joe Mixon, it is OU, nothing a sportscaster can do to police a University willing to soft pedal assault on a female like that.
The video of Mixon crushing the girl's face had just came out and he's gushing about how much he hopes he has a long NFL career. It was odd.

And not sure I'd refer to bashing an obviously sloppy drunk girl's face in as a "mistake." Whoopsy daisy! I just broke your face, my baaaad!

The video of Mixon crushing the girl's face had just came out and he's gushing about how much he hopes he has a long NFL career. It was odd.

And not sure I'd refer to bashing an obviously sloppy drunk girl's face in as a "mistake." Whoopsy daisy! I just broke your face, my baaaad!

I understand your outrage, I do. I share it in fact. However it needs to be directed at OU, not Brent. IMHO

Was he 'gushing' about it, though? He didn't spend much time wishing him well. Maybe 10 seconds? And it was a mistake by Mixon. An egregious one, but a mistake, nonetheless.

I just don't understand the outrage over a man wishing another man not have a crappy future because he punched a girl. Punching anybody, especially a female, is never okay. Everybody gets that; Brent gets that, but that doesn't make Mixon a despicable person who should never have a shot at redemption, or even well-wishes that he'll redeem himself for his actions.

the New York Football Giants absolutely sucked in the 1970's, yet I became a huge Giants fan and a huge football fan in general...because of Brent Musburger.

the NFL Today at 12:30, was the greatest TV show ever. even my parents knew that if 11:30 mass went a little long, that we had to skip out after communion because if I didn't get home for "You are looking LIVE..." it would be a sh1tshow the rest of the day for them.

before Cuse-gtown one year I called the Sheridan and got through to Brent and asked him who he thought would win...it was awesome. once he knew he was punked, he goes' you Syracuse kids even know the name of my Executive Producer, nice job. you guys should win a nail biter tomorrow". or something like that.

love him.

I will listen to that Sirius show.

Was he 'gushing' about it, though? He didn't spend much time wishing him well. Maybe 10 seconds? And it was a mistake by Mixon. An egregious one, but a mistake, nonetheless.

I just don't understand the outrage over a man wishing another man not have a crappy future because he punched a girl. Punching anybody, especially a female, is never okay. Everybody gets that; Brent gets that, but that doesn't make Mixon a despicable person who should never have a shot at redemption, or even well-wishes that he'll redeem himself for his actions.
First of all, no one is saying Mixon doesn't deserve a shot at redemption or well-wishes. The problem was that Musberger didn't say that he hopes Mixon redeems himself by no longer walloping women in the face. He just said we should all hope Mixon has a successful NFL career.

"It was troubling...very troubling to see. We've talked to the coaches and uh...they all swear that the young man is doing fine. Uh, like I said Oklahoma thought that he might even transfer (after the suspension). But he sat out the suspension, reinstated. And folks he is a...he's just one of the best. And let's hope - given a second chance by Bob Stoops and Oklahoma - let's hope that this young man makes the most of his chance and goes on to have a career in the National Football League!"

It was fine until the very end. Musberger didn't say "Let's hope that this young man makes the most of his chance and goes on to truly redeem himself and become a good person" or "upstanding citizen" or "stops punching drunk college girls' faces in restaurants." No, let's hope the NFL accepts this poor lost soul and he makes millions playing a game.

Later on...

"Some people were very upset when I wished this young man well...at the next level. Let me make something perfectly clear: what he did with that young lady was brutal, uncalled for. He's apologized, was tearful. He got a second chance. He got a second chance from Bob Stoops. I happen to pull for people with second chances, okay? Let me make it absolutely clear, that I hope he has a wonderful career. And he teaches people with that brutal, violent video. Okay?!"

I don't think anyone was outraged by Musberger. It was just odd, like I said. It wasn't necessary. Just call the game and if you want to talk about Mixon then talk about how talented a football player he is.

First of all, no one is saying Mixon doesn't deserve a shot at redemption or well-wishes. The problem was that Musberger didn't say that he hopes Mixon redeems himself by no longer walloping women in the face. He just said we should all hope Mixon has a successful NFL career.

"It was troubling...very troubling to see. We've talked to the coaches and uh...they all swear that the young man is doing fine. Uh, like I said Oklahoma thought that he might even transfer (after the suspension). But he sat out the suspension, reinstated. And folks he is a...he's just one of the best. And let's hope - given a second chance by Bob Stoops and Oklahoma - let's hope that this young man makes the most of his chance and goes on to have a career in the National Football League!"

It was fine until the very end. Musberger didn't say "Let's hope that this young man makes the most of his chance and goes on to truly redeem himself and become a good person" or "upstanding citizen" or "stops punching drunk college girls' faces in restaurants." No, let's hope the NFL accepts this poor lost soul and he makes millions playing a game.

Later on...

"Some people were very upset when I wished this young man well...at the next level. Let me make something perfectly clear: what he did with that young lady was brutal, uncalled for. He's apologized, was tearful. He got a second chance. He got a second chance from Bob Stoops. I happen to pull for people with second chances, okay? Let me make it absolutely clear, that I hope he has a wonderful career. And he teaches people with that brutal, violent video. Okay?!"

I don't think anyone was outraged by Musberger. It was just odd, like I said. It wasn't necessary. Just call the game and if you want to talk about Mixon then talk about how talented a football player he is.

So he avoided speaking directly about the issue and instead focused on the football future of a football player during a football broadcast? Even better. That's what he's supposed to do.

The gambling involvement is perfect for him. He worked point spreads and other gambling activity into his calls more than any broadcaster I have ever seen.

Guarantee the channel slowly turns into all touts. They all do