"You are What Your Record Says You Are" B. Parcells | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"You are What Your Record Says You Are" B. Parcells

It's mind blowing that there seems to be so many people that have been watching this program for years and not realize that what we have witnessed the past 2 years is a tremendous improvement from what we had before and where things were heading.

"I see ISIS is out there cutting people's heads off. The real world has got some major problems, some major problems, and we're just so doggone lucky to be coaching and playing a sport, and being criticized for not getting a call made with a couple seconds left in the game or being criticized for not catching a dead pig with air in it.“
Scott Shafer

"I see ISIS is out there cutting people's heads off. The real world has got some major problems, some major problems, and we're just so doggone lucky to be coaching and playing a sport, and being criticized for not getting a call made with a couple seconds left in the game or being criticized for not catching a dead pig with air in it.“
Scott Shafer

LMAO. Just so dramatic. Cmon Scott.

Scott Shafer

The signs of breaking started there...Actually, when he out sourced for his defensive game plan vs GT was sure signs of doom, but that was the nail in the coffin

It's mind blowing that there seems to be so many people that have been watching this program for years and not realize that what we have witnessed the past 2 years is a tremendous improvement from what we had before and where things were heading.
As of now, in the last 7 weeks alone we lost by 9 at #19 LSU, by 8 both at #20 NCSt and #10 Miami and by 3 at "terrible" FSU. Oh, we beat #2 Clemson and Pitt (for like the 1st time in years). Yawn, nothing to see here.

Me after reading another inane post from someone who doesn't appreciate the massive improvement our program has already made under Babers:

noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Last edited:
I say we go back to the 30+ point losses with no hope of getting better. At least we'll be hard nosed with a losing record.

If you don't see progress and you don't see us competing against teams that have far superior talent then you're freaking blind.

I say we go back to the 30+ point losses with no hope of getting better. At least we'll be hard nosed with a losing record.

If you don't see progress and you don't see us competing against teams that have far superior talent then you're freaking blind.
I see progress, but still see the same loss count also. For those that don't watch the games it still a losing record no different then any other 4-5 team. Again, moral victories are for those clinching to hope.

I see progress, but still see the same loss count also. For those that don't watch the games it still a losing record no different then any other 4-5 team. Again, moral victories are for those clinching to hope.
Please tell us what happened. An orange fell in the grove, were you there to see it?

(and i get you mean for casual observers it's the same losing record - but shouldn't YOU know better?)

Last edited:

They're not moral victories, but bridging the gap isn't an overnight progression. This isn't an overnight process but reading comments around here seems like we should have 10 wins which is off base at this point.

They're not moral victories, but bridging the gap isn't an overnight progression. This isn't an overnight process but reading comments around here seems like we should have 10 wins which is off base at this point.

I'm so tired of the "moral victories" attribution from the #hardnosed crowd.

Too many people watching Friday Nights Lights reruns in their recliner. Not easy to build a winning football program anywhere. Then you take Syracuse and our limitations then you take a schedule that is brutal.. still have a shot at s bowl even 7 wins.

Posts like these leave me scratching my head as to why some even bother anymore. Yesterday albeit frustrating was pure entertainment. Was great few hours. Lighten up. I just think some love to be that guy.

Be careful what you wish for..

Im fired up for wake!!

None of this other crap means anything.

D. Babers 2016 - 4 wins 8 losses

D. Babers 2017 as of this moment - 4 wins 5 losses

"Potential means you haven't done anything yet" B. Parcells

Babers has 3 games left to prove something.

I love it. This guys got some STRONG takes.

NO MORAL VICTORIES

PARTICIPATION TROPHIES ARE FOR LOSERS.

He quotes Parcells so you know he's a REAL FOOTBALL GUY.

A lot of you are probably Librul SNOWLAKES who need to get with what football is like in the REAL WORLD.

Seriously?

I said, two years ago, that it'd take a good 3 or so years for any new coach to get this, or any team, out of a sht hole. I personally think Babers and his staff have the ability to do this, but it's going to take time. More so, I think, than the timeline he gave when he was first hired here. If you can't see the OBVIOUS improvements since 2015, it might be a good time for you to turn off the TV, grab a 5th of the crappiest rum on the planet, and erase your mental hard drive. It's easier to cope when you can't remember sht.

Blah, blah, blah.

There's a lot of crap that is enormously significant. Wins are a lagging indicator for a program in development.

All yesterday was was a lost opportunity to show the program was AHEAD on the development curve.