You have just been named the new CEO of ESPN... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

You have just been named the new CEO of ESPN...

1. Stuart Scott
2. Stuart Scott
3. Stuart Scott
4. Stuart Scott
5. Mark Schwarz

If I could like this 100 time I would.

I couldn't dislike anyone as much as Scott. Maybe Schwartz. I would probably put Schwartz first, but I'm still giving you 100 likes for having Scott four times.

Mark Schwarz and all his enablers/accomplices. That nightmare was not just Schwarz. He had co-conspirators. To this day, no one there seems to recognize what an embarrassment it should have been to ESPN.

I used to respect Bob Ley, now I think he's one of the least ethical human beings disgracing the planet with his existence. So I'm going to assume he's one of the unmentionables.

I used to respect Bob Ley, now I think he's one of the least ethical human beings disgracing the planet with his existence. So I'm going to assume he's one of the unmentionables.
He is. I was at a fund-raising event with him (he lives in my town)...shortly after most of the accusers recanted, the Feds found no reason to get involved, and multiple judges had thrown out the slander suit against JB. I mentioned all this to Ley.. and suggested ESPN owed Syracuse an apology. Ley took a hard ESPN party line ... and insisted that Bernie was guilty and the stories were legit. I lost whatever respect I may I have for him. I also have a picture of him and me. I don't quite know what to do with it.

He is. I was at a fund-raising event with him (he lives in my town)...shortly after most of the accusers recanted, the Feds found no reason to get involved, and multiple judges had thrown out the slander suit against JB. I mentioned all this to Ley.. and suggested ESPN owed Syracuse an apology. Ley took a hard ESPN party line ... and insisted that Bernie was guilty and the stories were legit. I lost whatever respect I may I have for him. I also have a picture of him and me. I don't quite know what to do with it.

The feds own all his file cabinets and hard drives...if there was nothing there, that's basically that. Unless Bernie was some sorta diabolical madman who hid it all in very hidden places.

I would keep Bob Ley, Ian Darke, Steve McManaman, Twellman, Lalas, and fire the rest.

I would also have Tom Jackson thrown out the door.
Sir Ian should be lead broadcaster for everything!

I'm going to guess Lawrinson could do some pretty creative things with it...

I'd hire Gary Cole and Fred Willard to call every game in character from Dodgeball and Best in Show, respectively.

You know, when I was taking a break from all that cocaine.

I would pay big bucks to hear Fred Willard call a basketball game.

Use the frame for a pix of Bernie -- it's more appropriate.-VBOF

…when you walk in the door, who are the first 5 people you fire?

Mine:
1. Skip Bayless
2. Boomer (got to change the culture).
3. Mark Schwarz
4. The idiot in the back room who decided that saying RBI's instead RBI was an egregious grammatical error.
5. Any one of the munchkins now doing Sports Center who thinks he is either Dan or Keith.

Did I say Skip Bayless?
Perfect question I agree with you 100%
1. Skip Bayless
2. "Boomer" Berman and Tom Jackson as a pair
3. Mark Schwarz
4. Dick Vitale- while Dickie V is a GREAT person and does so much good I can't listen to commentate a game its SO BAD especially if a blue blood team is involved.
5. Mike Greenberg- the dude literally makes me turn off the radio. He is the embodiment of a corporate hack who does what his bosses want and does it with glee and makes sports less fun to listen too.
Honorable mention: Lou Holtz and Mark May as a pair they are a tough listen and should give Rece Davis a raise to handle.

Who would I keep everyone associated with ESPN Soccer, Bob Ley, Steve Levy, Scott Van Pelt, Karl Ravich, Adam Schefter, Mort, Trey Wingo, Brent Musberger, Jay Bilas, Sean McDonough, Dave O'Brien, Chris Fowler and the most underrated Rece Davis-who when College Gameday came to SU in 2005 actually went to Chuck's after show and was awesome.

Schwarz Mark may Skip bayless Kirk herbsteit Mike greenberg stu scott I cant even remember the last time i watched sportscenter. Probably 2 years.

Skip Bayless is the absolute worst!! I'm with you on every one of these guys except for Herbstreit. To me, he's the college football equivalent of Jay Bilas. Curious, why the Herbstreit hate?

I'm going to guess Lawrinson could do some pretty creative things with it...

My wheels are already turning. Unfortunately, I will be away from my trusty computer as I head home for the holidays. I hate lugging that thing around.

Skip Bayless is the absolute worst!! I'm with you on every one of these guys except for Herbstreit. To me, he's the college football equivalent of Jay Bilas. Curious, why the Herbstreit hate?

Because he just has that aura to him that he is better than everyone else. Always rubs me the wrong way.

Because he just has that aura to him that he is better than everyone else. Always rubs me the wrong way.

I don't get that vibe from him, but I can certainly understand what you're saying. My wife wishes he'd rub her the wrong way, but she's stuck with me. Oh well!

…when you walk in the door, who are the first 5 people you fire?

Mine:
1. Skip Bayless
2. Boomer (got to change the culture).
3. Mark Schwarz
4. The idiot in the back room who decided that saying RBI's instead RBI was an egregious grammatical error.
5. Any one of the munchkins now doing Sports Center who thinks he is either Dan or Keith.

Did I say Skip Bayless?
Stephen A. Smith irritates me. Stu Scott does too, but hes had some bad breaks so I'll cut him some slack
Bobby Knight, get him out of here before he dies on set.
Yeah, Skip Bayless.
Mark Schwarz yeah
Bob Ley, because he participated in taking outside the lines from an interesting concept to a TMZ-style gotchya moment.
Honorable mention : Jimmy Dykes, Mike Patrick

I'm interested in why? The Michael Irvin story in particular. There appears to be some serious psychological distress.

On another note: My first would be Schwarz and whoever thought it was okay to run that story. My second would be Olbermann. He tries too hard. He's like that co-worker that just hates you but can't tell you because HR would make his life miserable. I'd also get rid of the guy with the white eyes. His corneas freak me out.
I dunno, Olbermann we all know is douchey as all get up, but his show is funny. I just wish he never ventured into the political fray so I wouldn't have to know how douchey he is.

Perfect question I agree with you 100%
5. Mike Greenberg- the dude literally makes me turn off the radio. He is the embodiment of a corporate hack who does what his bosses want and does it with glee and makes sports less fun to listen too.

Agreed. Yeah, he's intelligent, but he has cultivated this really irritating persona as a foil to Mike Golic. The trouble is ... he is really irritating.

Delmar said:
Agreed. Yeah, he's intelligent, but he has cultivated this really irritating persona as a foil to Mike Golic. The trouble is ... he is really irritating.

Greenberg sucks. I love how he tries to take the athletes point of view. I stopped listening a long time ago

What really drives me crazy are the stupid product advertising they do during the show "packers/giants discussion right after a word from 1-800-flowers". Then they pretend like they actually use that service

F them

I vehemently disagree. Stephen A. Smith is the only one that knows what's up over there.

Yeah, SAS was very annoying early on when it looked like he had to prove himself with every statement. Now that he is better established and more comfortable, he is actually one of the better talking heads there.

Most of the SC anchors are fine, keep them. Keep Ley, but have Schwartz eviscerated on live TV. Cowherd couldn't get fired fast enough. Keep Bayless in Bristol, but lock him in a basement somewhere so no one else can hire him and put him on air. Keep Grantland around. Keep PTI. Out with Finebaum, May, Holtz, Jay Williams, Digger Phelps. Have Bilas head up all college basketball stuff. Keep Vitale on the payroll, but reduced to a full fundraiser role for the V Foundation, no games.