You know what? Our biggest concern now, IMO, | Syracusefan.com

You know what? Our biggest concern now, IMO,

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Is not Fair, Cooney, Ennis, the bench, etc

It's keeping Rakeem Christmas on the court. I don't know what it's going to take, I've accepted he'll have at least 2 fouls by half, but we can't keep having Baye play long stretches. Period. Cant happen.

Baye is legit lost out there. We just can't play 4 on 5. Love him, great kid, but the difference between he and Rak is astronomical. It's no coincidence we made a run with him in. With Baye in, our center can't put the ball up on the rim on an offensive board. It's just can't happen.

But, see, that's completely on Christmas. He's a junior and still has not figured out how to play without fouling and still hasn't developed even a decent offensive game.
I'm fairly certain that Baye's knee has gotten worse again - he was very good @ Duke and the next game @ Maryland but then he's just looked terrible.

But, see, that's completely on Christmas. He's a junior and still has not figured out how to play without fouling and still hasn't developed even a decent offensive game.
I'm fairly certain that Baye's knee has gotten worse again - he was very good @ Duke and the next game @ Maryland but then he's just looked terrible.

That knee is really affecting his hands.

I agree but BMK's knee has nothing to do with him having worse hands than my three year old daughter.

And yeah, Roc has had three years to figure out how not to foul, but he just doesn't get it...and he never will, apparently.

Shooting guard position stoic concerns me more. Rak is important but if the two guards give us more we win this game.

I agree but BMK's knee has nothing to do with him having worse hands than my three year old daughter.
But I actually think it does - whether it's his confidence or mobility or whatever - it's just affected his overall game

IMO, the biggest concern, is keeping Roberson from transferring to Seton Hall or a Philly school closer to home. This year is over.

But I actually think it does - whether it's his confidence or mobility or whatever - it's just affected his overall game

Come on, pearl. He literally had two clean catches all game tonight.

Come on, pearl. He literally had two clean catches all game tonight.
Yes, he's been terrible the past 3 or so games. But he was really good right after he got back from being out (@ duke @ maryland)

IMO, the biggest concern, is keeping Roberson from transferring to Seton Hall or a Philly school closer to home. This year is over.

Why would he transfer after one year when he knows he has a ton of playing time coming up next year with virtually nobody ahead of him? Let's see, sit out a year or start and play 28+ minutes for Syracuse. Shocked Waiters and MCW didn't transfer either.

Keita's hands were poor in previous seasons as well so that' consistent.

Why would he transfer after one year when he knows he has a ton of playing time coming up next year with virtually nobody ahead of him? Let's see, sit out a year or start and play 28+ minutes for Syracuse. Shocked Waiters and MCW didn't transfer either.

Because the people who make moronic transfer posts are idiots and don't think think normal human beings.

Yeah because 1000's of athletes don't transfer annually. Waiters was very close to leaving.

And he won't get 28 minutes a game next year if Grant stays. He may get 16-20.

Yeah because 1000's of athletes don't transfer annually. Waiters was very close to leaving.

Good thing Roberson can see the success of highly recruited guys who sat here the first year and went on to the NBA after their next year.

I'm sure Roberson's expectations were to get more minutes than he did, but I highly doubt he was promised more than 5-7 minutes a game this year. Not with Rak, Grant, and Fair slated to play the forward spots. He knew what he was getting into.

Rak is absolutely up there for me. The more I think about it (headache yet more booze) the more I think this about the offense: Where is our dribble penetration??! Ennis does it occasionally. Nobody else. This is a HUGE problem. A couple of years ago Dion/Triche/Scoop all could do it. Certainly Dion almost at will. Even then our offense stalled out. Just think how difficult it must be for SU to play the way they do on offense with barely any dribble penetration.

like it or not it is poor form to speculate on transfers. and it's not 1000's, not thousands of good players anyway.

And he won't get 28 minutes a game next year if Grant stays. He may get 16-20.

5% chance Grant stays.

Dion played 24 minutes a game his sophomore year. Talent can be seen these days, even when you're not playing 40 minutes a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom