You might remember this (OT but fun) | Syracusefan.com

You might remember this (OT but fun)

SWC75

Bored Historian
In 2006, the TV Series "Monk" did an episode where their hero volunteers to coach a high school girl's basketball team to try to determine who murdered the previous coach. During the show, Monk decides his team should play the zone defense "because it's the best defense". it got some play on this board from those who were defending coach Boeheim after one of our rougher seasons agaisnt those who wanted him to abandon the zone and play man for man. If a genius like Monk thinks it's the best defense, maybe Boeheim was a genius, too?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0830105/plotsummary?ref_=tt_stry_pl

What was interesting is who played the team mascot in that episode:
http://www.imdb.com/awards-central/...=15021&pf_rd_i=tt0042168&ref_=tt_ac_acd_jl_sm

(It's the third one in the bottom line)

Wow, that does sound imbarasing!

In 2006, the TV Series "Monk" did an episode where their hero volunteers to coach a high school girl's basketball team to try to determine who murdered the previous coach. During the show, Monk decides his team should play the zone defense "because it's the best defense". it got some play on this board from those who were defending coach Boeheim after one of our rougher seasons agaisnt those who wanted him to abandon the zone and play man for man. If a genius like Monk thinks it's the best defense, maybe Boeheim was a genius, too?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0830105/plotsummary?ref_=tt_stry_pl

What was interesting is who played the team mascot in that episode:
http://www.imdb.com/awards-central/...=15021&pf_rd_i=tt0042168&ref_=tt_ac_acd_jl_sm

(It's the third one in the bottom line)
She would make a great Otto also. Actually she would be great in anything. BTW, I was a huge Monk fan and I don't remember that episode and I don't remember the thread. I'm sure Monk could solve it. He was the man. Monk was a show that my wife hated and I loved. We would always have an argument if I was controlling the remote and stopped on that show. It was hard to hook her in.

Find the thread!

I tried "search" but no luck. The show was broadcast 7/21/06 if anyone wants to look through the archives. I think i recall the comment being made when it was a repeat.

Jen was probably 15 year sold when she did this. It's her first IMDB credit. Hey, you never know.

Actually, our archives only got back to 2011.

Way to catch the subtleties. I'm sure it's a blessing and a curse.

It's probably why zone defense has been outlawed in some leagues over the years. :cool:

Monk was a good show. Included the only Sharona that I ever remember, despite the song. ;)

She would make a great Otto also. Actually she would be great in anything. BTW, I was a huge Monk fan and I don't remember that episode and I don't remember the thread. I'm sure Monk could solve it. He was the man. Monk was a show that my wife hated and I loved. We would always have an argument if I was controlling the remote and stopped on that show. It was hard to hook her in.

I rewatched it. Natalie, (Monk's second assistant) is actually the coach of the team. She appoints Monk as her assistant. He has to take over when the ref runs Natalie form the game. Monk has previously declared the zone defense as the best defense but Natalie tells him to switch to the man-for-man and that if the team ties the game up, they are to go to a full court press.

Imagine JB using a full court press in a tied game?

I rewatched it. Natalie, (Monk's second assistant) is actually the coach of the team. She appoints Monk as her assistant. He has to take over when the ref runs Natalie form the game. Monk has previously declared the zone defense as the best defense but Natalie tells him to switch to the man-for-man and that if the team ties the game up, they are to go to a full court press.

Imagine JB using a full court press in a tied game?

lol...no, I can't imagine that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom