You wonder why NFL ratings are down | Syracusefan.com

You wonder why NFL ratings are down

Orangefan1

All Conference
Broncos vs Lions? And this is the only game in in the afternoon? Why do we even pay for cable anymore. Most Syracuse games aren't on television and NFL games played in our area are about teams nobody cares about.

Broncos vs Lions? And this is the only game in in the afternoon? Why do we even pay for cable anymore. Most Syracuse games aren't on television and NFL games played in our area are about teams nobody cares about.

Broncos are playing the cowboys.

Ok so maybe I messed up the teams but still why are these the only teams playing is my point.

Ok so maybe I messed up the teams but still why are these the only teams playing is my point.
It's been this way for years.

Get DirectTV and the NFL Sunday Ticket if you want all the games. Which gets me to a pet peeve of mine - DirectTV must be paying the NFL a gazillion dollars, or have pictures of NFL execs they don't want released. ;)
Otherwise, how could they not make more money by opening up the Ticket to all cable companies? I have to think that they could make more money by eliminating the exclusivity. Rant over.

But in the northeast nobody cares about those teams. How do they expect to get better ratings when there is only one game on at 430 in cable tv?

But in the northeast nobody cares about those teams. How do they expect to get better ratings when there is only one game on at 430 in cable tv?
Giants/Eagles fans will watch to root against Dallas.
Patriots fan will watch to root against Denver.

This game will get a huge rating.

Giants/Eagles fans will watch to root against Dallas.
Patriots fan will watch to root against Denver.

This game will get a huge rating.
Bingo. At least for me.

Well, it give me a rooting interest.

I would have watched anyway. :D

Cowboys fans are everywhere and they have a huge national appeal (sort of like the Yankees). What game did you want on instead? Have you thought about getting the Sunday ticket?

Didn't realize it was down so much in week 1, I thought I saw they were a little higher in Week 2. Something about how CBS 4:00 games do worse thna Fox (which had the week 2 4:00 game). I also think the MNF game was up vs last year.
I am short on facts right now
SNF was down 14% week 2 from last year.

Dallas-Denver salvaged the Sunday ratings though because of the teams.

Ratings aren't back up thus far like the NFL was expecting.

SNF was down 14% week 2 from last year.

Dallas-Denver salvaged the Sunday ratings though because of the teams.

Ratings aren't back up thus far like the NFL was expecting.

Yeah, MNF was up 4% from last year (which apparently was the lowest rated week 2 MNF game in a decade, so...)

Taking out the fantasy/gambling aspect, a lot of these games have been really bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom