Your 2019 season breakout players o/d | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your 2019 season breakout players o/d

O: Jackson Carman
D: Xavier Thomas

I like iffy if he starts is TBD I think it’s when not if , iffy starts if iffy doesn’t iffy will eventually star if iffy doesn’t and that’s a big if iffy will still produce if and when iffy plays or if ever iffy does :confused: lol
What in the world. Who is iffy?

CF’s probably the most underrated Orange player in recent memory. Has to be there with Lemon, Lynch etc. in my books
PS - Cam’s a FA right now but has spent 5 full seasons in the league. When I spoke with him he was always super courteous and very well-spoken. Tremendous ambassador for Syracuse, just a really sharp guy.

Abdul Adams and Trishton Jackson. Although, thats so easy to guess, it isnt even fair.
I think Moe Neal will outplay Adams this year. He was always a better back than Strickland and seemed to get more yards per carry. That doesn’t mean that Adams isn’t going to be a star, but Neal will have a breakout year.

Hard to argue with you on Trishton Jackson. The sky is the limit. I can’t wait for the season to start.

With Neal and Adams, I'm not sure Jawar gets many touches. I know he was a year delayed, but could we see him redshirt?

O - TE Aaron Hackett (40+ receptions 6 tds in '19)
D - DT Kenneth Ruff (will remind us of a young Randy White in '19)

That's a lot of long balls and YAC.

Always under promise and over deliver. ;). I'll be looking for 4,500.

This offense is made to throw for big yards
The fat pirate threw for 5000
It’s a pitch and catch offense
It’s 307 per game over 13 games
Lol I knew exactly who you were talking about. So funny and so true.

Tommy is going to throw for A LOT of yards. We have WRs with big play ability and a lot of hungry young WRs looking for PT.

This offense is made to throw for big yards
The fat pirate threw for 5000
It’s a pitch and catch offense
It’s 307 per game over 13 games

I'm holding HCDB to his goal: 5000 passing yards and two-1000 yard rushers. So long as we improve each year, I will not complain. However, I like what we have in Tommy slinging the ball and the receivers he has to work with. I like Adams and Neal as and RB tandem, a tandem that will punish defenses for trying to cover the receivers. And, vice versa, Tommy and the receivers will punish teams that place 8 defenders in the box.

Juan Wallace is going to have to perform at LB with us shedding a few LBs this offseason. The D-Line and secondary should have many of the same faces getting snaps but I like Melifonwu to get more snaps as well. On Offense I like Trishton Jackson to obviously have a breakout year and on a bolder note I think Luke Benson has a chance to break out early too (Hackett is fine but meh and as much as I love Elmore he should never run 10 routes in a game).

On a different note I think that Moe Neal may be the team's most underrated player. He had 997 yards from scrimmage last year paired with 5TDs (5.6 yards per rush), yet everyone wants to talk about Adams because he played at OU and Jarveon Howard because he produced as a true freshmen. Maybe it was just me, but I was begging for Moe Neal to take Dontae Strickland's carries last year. We have 3+ studs at RB which is awesome, but Neal is a SR and is exciting. I could see him ending up 3rd team all conference and putting up some really solid numbers.

breakout
noun
break·out | \ ˈbrāk-ˌau̇t \

1: a violent or forceful break from a restraining condition or situation

O: Jordan, Hendrix
D: Richards, Wallace

Juan Wallace is going to have to perform at LB with us shedding a few LBs this offseason. The D-Line and secondary should have many of the same faces getting snaps but I like Melifonwu to get more snaps as well. On Offense I like Trishton Jackson to obviously have a breakout year and on a bolder note I think Luke Benson has a chance to break out early too (Hackett is fine but meh and as much as I love Elmore he should never run 10 routes in a game).

On a different note I think that Moe Neal may be the team's most underrated player. He had 997 yards from scrimmage last year paired with 5TDs (5.6 yards per rush), yet everyone wants to talk about Adams because he played at OU and Jarveon Howard because he produced as a true freshmen. Maybe it was just me, but I was begging for Moe Neal to take Dontae Strickland's carries last year. We have 3+ studs at RB which is awesome, but Neal is a SR and is exciting. I could see him ending up 3rd team all conference and putting up some really solid numbers.

We definitely have some real options at RB, but I think Jarveon will take most of Stricklands carries, especially in the tough yardage situations. I just love that we have enough talent to even consider this question. It really is all up to how well the OL plays.
My guess for breakout is Elmore at the TE position.

We definitely have some real options at RB, but I think Jarveon will take most of Stricklands carries, especially in the tough yardage situations. I just love that we have enough talent to even consider this question. It really is all up to how well the OL plays.
My guess for breakout is Elmore at the TE position.
Could definitely see Howard taking Strickland carries

Adams will get equal carries with Mo. I don’t care that he played at ou I care that he is physically the most gifted kid we have had in a while. Has more speed than mo but at 217. I still think mo will get 900 to 1000 yds but Adams will get bulk of other carries. I love Howard’s toughness and he has great moves but he has 2 great guys in front of him. He will get his turn plus Jordan will not be kept of field for long. Kid is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom