Your Breakout Player Predictions 2020 Season | Syracusefan.com

Your Breakout Player Predictions 2020 Season

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
lets see some predictions, the Cali Board is not flourishing in quarantine.

Offense:

I believe Hackett catches over 10 touchdowns this year with a renewed energetic run game and an emergence of Cam Jordan as a vertical threat contributing majorly. If we can free up the middle I think Tommy has the Arm strength and quick trigger for consistent chunk plays.

Defense:

A lot of possibilities here, but I think I’m going to go with Cantin. Linebacker size with the skillset of a ballhawking safety. I think we see some huge hits from this kid and a few turnover opportunities. Big bonus he should have a head-start in adjusting to coverage as well.

Offensively. Jordan, I think his speed makes him dangerous.

Defensivelly. I think Trill is going to have a monster year. He really isn’t a breakout player. So, I will go with Richards. Has size, speed, and he hits with nasty intentions.

Offensively. Jordan, I think his speed makes him dangerous.

Defensivelly. I think Trill is going to have a monster year. He really isn’t a breakout player. So, I will go with Richards. Has size, speed, and he hits with nasty intentions.
Agree about Trill and didnt add him for the same reason.

That Holy Cross series where Richards hit the QB and Trill dumped the ball carrier next play.

That was pure electricity in the Dome thay afternoon

Jawhar Jordan is the obvious answer on offense. I'll also go out on a limb and say Ed Hendrix is healthy and shows us why he was so highly touted.

Defensively, I think 1 of the LB's really makes a name for himself. I'll say it's Richards. I also like Tuazama to put up some numbers with Robinson and Coleman now off to the NFL.

I think Benson will be the breakout player on offense.

Cantin will be the defensive player, agreed 100%

lets see some predictions, the Cali Board is not flourishing in quarantine.

Offense:

I believe Hackett catches over 10 touchdowns this year with a renewed energetic run game and an emergence of Cam Jordan as a vertical threat contributing majorly. If we can free up the middle I think Tommy has the Arm strength and quick trigger for consistent chunk plays.

Defense:

A lot of possibilities here, but I think I’m going to go with Cantin. Linebacker size with the skillset of a ballhawking safety. I think we see some huge hits from this kid and a few turnover opportunities. Big bonus he should have a head-start in adjusting to coverage as well.
Good thread.

I would say it is harder to answer this question, this year, than in any year I can ever remember being a Syracuse fan.

No spring game.

New defensive scheme. No opportunity to see many unproven players we have never seen play, playing positions they have never played.

A lot of churn with the skilled players on offense. New offensive coordinator. No one is sure what his impact will be on things.

And we have the NCAA as unresponsive regarding eligibility issues as ever with Bleich. At least they gave a thumbs up with the DE from McNesse State.

On offense, I am not going to pick an RB. I suspect Adams, Howard and Jordan will all get their share of carries and have good seasons. All have pretty much broken out already anyway. Hopefully Jordan gets moved around and plays some WR too.

Pretty sure Courtney is going to be a big part of the offense. Have barely seen him play at SU but he looked good at the spring game last year and his HS film was good. Plus I have heard good things about him previously from various practice reports. I think he is going to have a really good season.

Agree Cameron is also going to emerge. He is the next big, strong, outside WR for us. Hope so anyway. It would be nice to be able to redshirt the frosh WRs. Dino likes to feature a big guy with experience in his offense. I think it is Cam’s turn this season.

On defense, with the new scheme and all the new personnel, it is really a crap shoot. I will pick Nunn to be different. There are lots of opportunities at linebacker. Everyone is picking someone already on the first team on the depth chart.

I want to go in a different direction. Someone needs to step up at one of the safety positions. We know Cisco and Coley are going to be regulars. Who is the third?

While others could get in the mix I think it comes down to Nunn, Greenwood, Clarke, Jonas or LaBrosse.

Clarke and Jonas have the most time in the program Greenwood was first on the depth chart, LaBrosse is the next great one, but I think Nunn is the guy who will emerge.

Good thread.

I would say it is harder to answer this question, this year, than in any year I can ever remember being a Syracuse fan.

No spring game.

New defensive scheme. No opportunity to see many unproven players we have never seen play, playing positions they have never played.

A lot of churn with the skilled players on offense. New offensive coordinator. No one is sure what his impact will be on things.

And we have the NCAA as unresponsive regarding eligibility issues as ever with Bleich. At least they gave a thumbs up with the DE from McNesse State.

On offense, I am not going to pick an RB. I suspect Adams, Howard and Jordan will all get their share of carries and have good seasons. All have pretty much broken out already anyway. Hopefully Jordan gets moved around and plays some WR too.

Pretty sure Courtney is going to be a big part of the offense. Have barely seen him play at SU but he looked good at the spring game last year and his HS film was good. Plus I have heard good things about him previously from various practice reports. I think he is going to have a really good season.

Agree Cameron is also going to emerge. He is the next big, strong, outside WR for us. Hope so anyway. It would be nice to be able to redshirt the frosh WRs. Dino likes to feature a big guy with experience in his offense. I think it is Cam’s turn this season.

On defense, with the new scheme and all the new personnel, it is really a crap shoot. I will pick Nunn to be different. There are lots of opportunities at linebacker. Everyone is picking someone already on the first team on the depth chart.

I want to go in a different direction. Someone needs to step up at one of the safety positions. We know Cisco and Coley are going to be regulars. Who is the third?

While others could get in the mix I think it comes down to Nunn, Greenwood, Clarke, Jonas or LaBrosse.

Clarke and Jonas have the most time in the program Greenwood was first on the depth chart, LaBrosse is the next great one, but I think Nunn is the guy who will emerge.
Greenwood’s one to watch here, which I was surprised about due to having thought his stature required another year of adding size.

Still, if I were a betting man I’d say Jonas.

This kid is going to be a stud. Size, technique and drive are all there.
451D237C-3645-4EF2-A088-17097649AFCD.png

High Hopes for Can Jordan who will likely enter the Fall at 6’3 and a strong 215.