Your favorite NFL team's most heartbreaking loss | Syracusefan.com

Your favorite NFL team's most heartbreaking loss

SWC75

Bored Historian

Over the years I've rooted for the Cleveland Browns (Brown/Davis), the Denver Broncos (Floyd), the Miami Dolphins (Larry), the Colts, (I liked their uniforms and a strong Cuse factor), and the Eagles when they had McNabb.

Browns- I'd pick "the Fumble" over "the Drive" because it's one play and a negative one by the Browns.

Broncos- a good choice. They had the same team that won it all the next two years and they might have had three in a row, which no one has ever done. But the loss to the Ravens, where they had a 98% chance of winning at the time of the late TD pass might have bene even better.

Dolphins- You'd need to be an oldster to remember this but I'll never forget it:
‘Phantorn’ Fumble: And the Fans React (Published 1977)
Being an oldster, I remembered this as the Colts defeating the Dolphins due to the no fumble call, (he was scrambling and just dropped it with no one near him - the ref was behind him and didn't realize what had happened). Actually the Colts beat the Patriots and that eliminated the Dolphins, who wound up tied with the Colts at 10-4, (the last 14 game season) and had split with them but lost the divisional title on tie breakers and there was only one wild card and the 11-3 Raiders got it. Does that qualify as a Dolphins loss?
That gave really got the national conversation on using replay going:

Colts: Good choice, although part of me was glad that Jerome Bettis' hall of Fame career didn't end on that bizarre fumble.
Eagles: It's got to be the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots, (who they would beat for the title 13 years later. But I took little joy in that because I didn't like how the eagles had dumped Donovan when they finally had started to surround him with high quality talent.

as a 31 year old Giants fan -- it's the Desean Kick 6 and it's not even remotely close

As a 39 year old Cowboys fan it's the 07 loss to the Giants in the playoffs. Patrick Crayton would still be running if he caught that pass.

Bills losing to the Giants on wide right.

Bills losing to the Giants on wide right.
That is what most would say

The other 3 were decided much earlier

But for me the most painful was Ronny Harmons dropped pass in Cleveland

Raiders fan. All time is probably the Immaculate Reception. For my lifetime it's the tuck rule/snow job game.

My son is a GB fan. Last year's loss to ffffffingg Tom Brady comes immediately to mind.

I’m a Bills fan, there are too many to pin point one heartbreak loss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom