Your Favorite Syracuse vs Dook Moment | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your Favorite Syracuse vs Dook Moment

Everything about the 2014 game. That was an event unlike anything I've ever been a part of. Thinking how far we are from that makes me sad.

Best moment of the game for me was CJ's dunk in OT that made me cheer so hard my field of vision went black and I thought I was having a stroke.

SO many good games and good moments against Duke! But for me it was the 2014 game in its entirety. So much was on the line. The first game where Duke came to the Dome. We were unbeaten. First year in the ACC. And for me, personally, we came from Duke and therefore I had half a dozen good friends who were huge Duke fans, including my brother. So we HAD to win.

My daughter ridiculously had a concert to go to that night (she is full of such regret) so I went with the 22 year old son of our best friends, Andrew, who is so knowledgeable about basketball. The Dome was packed to the rafters and the cheering made the eardrums pulse. The frenzy was unbelievable. (Oh, how I have missed that this year!) Towards the end of the game Andrew was literally holding me up and whispering in my ear about what needed to happen next, and what WOULD happen next, and how we were going to win this game, and I was flopping around like a fish, yelling, “Oh my god! Oh my god!”

I am smiling ear to ear as I type this. :)

Dec 6th1989. #1 Su vs #6 Duke. As mentioned above, one of the best games I've ever seen. The 2nd half was a thing of beauty. Take the time and watch it. We played way above the rim.

daisy dukie

-06cafa6515ec3845.JPG
Was she and her friend removed from the game? Towel guy defended them and couldnt understand why security walked them out as I recall.

Dec 6th1989. #1 Su vs #6 Duke. As mentioned above, one of the best games I've ever seen. The 2nd half was a thing of beauty. Take the time and watch it. We played way above the rim.
Coleman, Owens, Stevie, Ellis. the talent on that team was insane. Oh if only Sherm had one more year of eligibility!

In a relatively short duration of this annual matchup, we’ve already got plenty of classic moments.

I’ll go with the anybody, on any given night, can take over a game moment. Tyler Roberson, permanent resident of JB’s dog house where he may reside to this day, walked into Cameron and the sleeping Giant was awoken.

14 points, 20 rebounds, 3 dimes and 1 personal foul leading us to a 2 point victory over a good Duke team with Ingram.

A game that would prove crucial for our tournament resumé, where we’d go on to watch some of the most memorable Syracuse basketball games in the past decade.

What are your favorite moments?
Attended that game with my son. We were sitting buried in a group of Duke fans up high and everyone was asking - who is that guy getting all the rebounds? Where has he been all year? When we mentioned he was only a junior, they were shocked. Of course his next year was not a good one for Roberson!.

In a relatively short duration of this annual matchup, we’ve already got plenty of classic moments.

I’ll go with the anybody, on any given night, can take over a game moment. Tyler Roberson, permanent resident of JB’s dog house where he may reside to this day, walked into Cameron and the sleeping Giant was awoken.

14 points, 20 rebounds, 3 dimes and 1 personal foul leading us to a 2 point victory over a good Duke team with Ingram.

A game that would prove crucial for our tournament resumé, where we’d go on to watch some of the most memorable Syracuse basketball games in the past decade.

What are your favorite moments?
We were at this game, and it was amazing!! There was a woman sitting behind us that looked at us after we won and looked at us in our Orange gear and told us to , “go home”

Was she and her friend removed from the game? Towel guy defended them and couldnt understand why security walked them out as I recall.
i believe she was in fact ejected but later given tickets for another game.