Your Favorite Syracuse vs Dook Moment | Syracusefan.com

Your Favorite Syracuse vs Dook Moment

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
In a relatively short duration of this annual matchup, we’ve already got plenty of classic moments.

I’ll go with the anybody, on any given night, can take over a game moment. Tyler Roberson, permanent resident of JB’s dog house where he may reside to this day, walked into Cameron and the sleeping Giant was awoken.

14 points, 20 rebounds, 3 dimes and 1 personal foul leading us to a 2 point victory over a good Duke team with Ingram.

A game that would prove crucial for our tournament resumé, where we’d go on to watch some of the most memorable Syracuse basketball games in the past decade.

What are your favorite moments?

That performance but for a single moment was Gillons dagger.
Little guy who seemed to own every big opportunity we afforded him. Wish he was an orange 4 year player but appreciated him during his time here.

Had an oddly more confident feeling when he dribbled that ball up that we were going to close it there than I did Ennis at Pitt

I ran around my community college dorm room like a little kid when Gillon hit the buzzer beater. One of my favorite moments as a Cuse fan in general.

There’s only a couple of players that I’ve loved more than that dude.

The 2014 game - the atmosphere was awesome, and the game was played at a high level.

The Gillon game was awesome too - maybe the only true buzzer beater I've personally witnessed

The entirety of the 2014 game was amazing.
Two incredibly talented teams trading blows back and forth, and into OT.
Great hoops played at a very high level by talented players and great coaches, in an amazing setting.

Funny sidenote about Robey's insane ooop finish.
It was a TURRIBLE pass from G - Mike threw it so far behind Tyler that it's amazing that he even caught it, and then to windmill flush it was just freaking remarkable.
Look at the still pic - ball is outside the perimeter of the backboard when he catches it.

Play was a 99.999 out of 100 on the difficulty scale.

daisy dukie

-06cafa6515ec3845.JPG

I’ll throw the opening tip of the 1989 ACC - Big East challenge out there.

Ellis to Coleman to Owens ally oop to Dave Johnson. Took all of 3 seconds

Yep that one was insane. We'd be talking about that play alone for 2 weeks if it happened now. There were 10 others in that game just like it!

that was the 1st thing that popped into my head!!

the campus was electric after that WIN.

mid week too.

That’s awesome. How many alley oops this year?

Our first game at the Dome in the ACC I hugged the poor lady next to me and swung her around much to her husband’s (and my wife’s) chagrin. There is no video of that.

that you know of.

It’s criminal that John Gillon didn’t get to play in the tourney

My favorite moment was probably when Coach K claimed that one of his players had bite marks on his arm, as if we deployed the "chomp them into bricks" defense as a legitimate strategy.

Totally bogus because it was well before we had Joe Girard on the roster.