Your game rituals/luck charms/superstitions? | Syracusefan.com

Your game rituals/luck charms/superstitions?

Zelda Zonk

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Tourney Record
• old orange basketball t-shirt, unwashed for the entire season
• eat an orange
• Blood Orange Fage yogurt
• Giant glass of Tropicana OJ, No Pulp
• Record the game
• Arms and legs crossed in the direction of our offensive hoop; fingers and toes crossed.

I think that's it.

Oh — I missed the St Johns game. Only broadcast/web game I've missed in a large number of years, so there's your scientific correlation.

Last edited:
Watched both games via March Madness live stream, so looks like I will be doing the same for the Zags game

Wore the same shirt and sweatshirt as the Dayton game. When you win, you stick with a good thing.

I used to have different ones (like it was bad luck when I wore a SU shirt during the game).
This year, nothing seemed to necessarily help or hurt so I've started to be realistic about how what I where/do has not impact on the game at all.
Still, today I had stepped away from the chatroom for a bit and then once we started our 21-2 run I was afraid to go back.
Stayed away until there were 2 minutes left and the win was in the book.

Nothing consistent but tonight I stood the whole time and would not change volume even though my wife was putting kid to bed. I'm glad she understands my weirdness

Nothing consistent but tonight I stood the whole time and would not change volume even though my wife was putting kid to bed. I'm glad she understands my weirdness
My wife decided at the start of the second half to put a bunch of her "spring" candles on the fireplace mantle which the TV sits over.
Not only was it making it hard to see the TV, that's also when MTSU grabbed the lead.
I yelled at her "DO you really have to do that now?"
She finally stopped and then we started our run - coincidence?

I wait to have a glass of rum until after the game.
Which one are you?

image.jpg

I don't have any. Tonight, the wife made french onion soup and then I broiled us up a couple of New York strips. I wouldn't be adverse to that as a tournament tradition.

My wife decided at the start of the second half to put a bunch of her "spring" candles on the fireplace mantle which the TV sits over.
Not only was it making it hard to see the TV, that's also when MTSU grabbed the lead.
I yelled at her "DO you really have to do that now?"
She finally stopped and then we started our run - coincidence?

Absolutely not. Make sure you thank her for starting our winning run by lighting the candles and blowing them out because unlit candles are bad luck!!!!!

?...This year, nothing seemed to necessarily help or hurt so I've started to be realistic about how what I where/do has not impact on the game at all...

"Realistic?!" Realistically, we 'should be in the NIT.' Let your freak flag fly high!

Standing the whole game is my ritual as well. Legs get a bit tired at my age, but NOTHING is more important than a 'Cuse win this time of year SUball
Thank you for you contribution!!

Standing the whole game is my ritual as well. Legs get a bit tired at my age, but NOTHING is more important than a 'Cuse win this time of year SUball
I stand also. Just not the whole game though but most of the game action.

Absolutely not. Make sure you thank her for starting our winning run by lighting the candles and blowing them out because unlit candles are bad luck!!!!!
Actually she wasn't lighting them, just putting them on the mantle ( she spent all afternoon trying to find them).
There must be a dozen of them and I was getting annoyed enough that we were letting MTSU back in the game let alone she was in the way of the TV and seemingly taking forever.
Fortunately, my wife understands (well tolerates, at least) my crazy obsession with SU hoops.

• old orange basketball t-shirt, unwashed for the entire season
• eat an orange
• Blood Orange Fage yogurt
• Giant glass of Tropicana OJ, No Pulp
• Record the game
• Arms and legs crossed in the direction of our offensive hoop; fingers and toes crossed.

I think that's it.

Oh — I missed the St Johns game. Only broadcast/web game I've missed in a large number of years, so there's your scientific correlation.

We watched the last two Pitt games at Coleman's. Big mistake. Ain't going to do that again. Watched the Dayton game at Wolff's. Decided that's our go-to place. Back to Wolff's tonight. Same pants, undershirt, sweatshirt. Took a chance. Changed our skivvies and socks. A little nervous at halftime. But it turned out fine.

-TV volume on 44 during games
-Only microwave things for durations ending in :44
-Wake up for work at 6:44am
-Locker #44 at gym
-Washer #44 at laundromat (I once waited 20 mins for it to free up on a Gameday)
-Debit card pin is....well, you get the point ;)

Well, I know my post game ritual when they make it to the Sweet 16: DRINK!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom