Your game rituals/luck charms/superstitions? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your game rituals/luck charms/superstitions?

Oh, one other superstition I still have - I refuse to purchase any Sweet 16 or Final 4 shirts/hats until our tournament run is over.
Don't want to make it seem like I'm settling for anything less than another championship

Okay, my wife just said that SU is going to make it to the final four because I'm taking her to NYC for her birthday the first weekend of April and if SU is still playing that weekend it will ruin the weekend for her, like it did in 2013.

-TV volume on 44 during games
-Only microwave things for durations ending in :44
-Wake up for work at 6:44am
-Locker #44 at gym
-Washer #44 at laundromat (I once waited 20 mins for it to free up on a Gameday)
-Debit card pin is...well, you get the point ;)

I never type "LOL," but this deserves it. I'm cryin, I tell ya.
Not just because it's bitchcakes insane, but because I do some of this, as well. Like, when entering values into various computer apps (design/photography), I use 44. I designed a skatepark and its branding scheme and used the SU PMS orange chip. I use orange in a lot of work for clients, and convinced a client who hates the color to use it on most things. She now requests it!

I'm going to steal your microwave thing...

Zelda Zonk said:
"Realistic?!" Realistically, we 'should be in the NIT.' Let your freak flag fly high!

No we shouldn't have. Compare the resumes of SU and any team that didn't make it. Then remember, 6 of those teams would have to have a better resume. None of them do let alone 6.

I never type "LOL," but this deserves it. I'm cryin, I tell ya.
Not just because it's bitchcakes insane, but because I do some of this, as well. Like, when entering values into various computer apps (design/photography), I use 44. I designed a skatepark and its branding scheme and used the SU PMS orange chip. I use orange in a lot of work for clients, and convinced a client who hates the color to use it on most things. She now requests it!

I'm going to steal your microwave thing...
It's become second nature. You'll find that there's not much difference between 1:44 & 2 min or 2:44 & 3min lol

I'm stealing "bitchcakes insane"

It's become second nature. You'll find that there's not much difference between 1:44 & 2 min or 2:44 & 3min lol

I'm stealing "bitchcakes insane"

I got lazy with the :30 button on my current microwave. It's going to take a bit of determination to go back to a sequence of numerical button presses. But I will persevere.

"Bitchcakes" was from the old sitcom Newsradio. It was a joke on the show that the 'spunky secretary' character made it up and was trying to get it to become 'a thing.'
Success!

Last edited:
No we shouldn't have. Compare the resumes of SU and any team that didn't make it. Then remember, 6 of those teams would have to have a better resume. None of them do let alone 6.

Not necessarily my perspective, hence the single quotes — not a direct quote from anyone in particular, but representative of various perspectives. Personally, I see both sides. Wanted it for G and TC, but didn't think we'd see any favors from the committee. No question we were one of the best 34(?) teams in the country, but 1-5 at the end, couldn't win a single game in the acc tourney, and 10th in our own conference — enough ammo for any non-cuse fan to have a point. My feeling, with any 'bubble' team that gets in or doesn't: it's not a right or wrong answer. I'm glad we have this opportunity for G and Trevor to continue. Especially since 'events of the past' stole it from them last year.

5 minutes to go. My daughter turns on the living room light that had been off the entire game. I yell go turn it off. Why? Because it's been off all game and we are up 19.

I'm usually not a fan of child protective services, but in this case I think theyre warranted. I think you are an embarrassment and showed poor judgment due to the 19 point lead. I mean we were even covering the point spread easily. If it had been an 11 point lead at that point, it might have been ok, but come on!

Last edited:
I wear my cleanest dirty SU shirt. :)
Sunday evening coming down. Hope you will doing it next Sunday, too.

I'm usually not a fan of child protective services, but in this case I think theyre warranted. I think you are an embarrassment and showed poor judgment due to the 19 point lead. I mean we were even covering the point spread easily. If it had been an 11 point lead at that point, it might have been ok, but come on!
Look how fast - what was it, Northern Iowa? - blew a 12 point lead. Things happen.

Look how fast - what was it, Northern Iowa? - blew a 12 point lead. Things happen.

Darn you and that example for happening. Those rarities are rarer than winning raffles.

Speaking of raffles, maybe they could raffle some of those Pearl shirts, being they wont take my suggestion and sell them to benefit towards his medical care? Seriously, Nike and and/or Cuse with their greediness never cease to amaze and/or rile me. You folks can enjoy playing grab ass with both of them, but I will call a spade a spade. There are times when a board member needs to take a stand! Do it for Pearl!!!

Darn you and that example for happening. Those rarities are rarer than winning raffles.

Speaking of raffles, maybe they could raffle some of those Pearl shirts, being they wont take my suggestion and sell them to benefit towards his medical care? Seriously, Nike and and/or Cuse with their greediness never cease to amaze and/or rile me. You folks can enjoy playing grab ass with both of them, but I will call a spade a spade. There are times when a board member needs to take a stand! Do it for Pearl!!!
lol after I posted I got your 11 point reference. Still, blowing a 12 point lead in 44 seconds is, to quote coach K. AMAZING! So 19 in, say, 3 minutes isn't impossible.

5 minutes to go. My daughter turns on the living room light that had been off the entire game. I yell go turn it off. Why? Because it's been off all game and we are up 19.
Very Creative indeed!

lol after I posted I got your 11 point reference. Still, blowing a 12 point lead in 44 seconds is, to quote coach K. AMAZING! So 19 in, say, 3 minutes isn't impossible.

K talks sense, and so do you. Still, I would like to grapple with him and his sons. I would like to start out by suplexing K, and going for a quick cover while hooking the leg. If the boys have any sense, they will try to kick me and elbow drop me to break my clinch, but I intend to endure the pain so K can see me do the title belt gesture, even if the cuse doesnt get to.

• old orange basketball t-shirt, unwashed for the entire season
• eat an orange
• Blood Orange Fage yogurt
• Giant glass of Tropicana OJ, No Pulp
• Record the game
• Arms and legs crossed in the direction of our offensive hoop; fingers and toes crossed.

I think that's it.

Oh — I missed the St Johns game. Only broadcast/web game I've missed in a large number of years, so there's your scientific correlation.

Mine is to not talk about it.

• TV volume level set to 31, but not until gametime
  • Get up and pace from room to room during TV timeouts (remain seated during called timeouts)
  • Depending on team's 1st half performance, relocate to different TV
  • Depending on team's 1st half performance, stand rather than sit

but yeah, nothing unusual or anything :noidea:

Currently, I have a Real Men Wear Orange shirt as well as a certain pair of socks. It's only weird if it doesn't work.

Always wear 1970s vintage blue basketball top with number 44 in orange and white trim. When it's cold out wear over an orange tee with 44 underneath. Think I got it during 1975 final 4.

I put the green cow avatar in for St Patrick's Day, but didn't change it Friday morning. But since we won twice with it, it's there for the duration. :)

everything i do ends in a 44. Fill the gas tank...its $xx.44, sit ups, push ups, all in sets of 44...anything I can do in 44's i do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom