Your Official SU-Iona Game Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Iona Game Thread

Biggest issue I see is waiting too long to attack. So far Iona hasn't proven they can stay in front of our guards. Gotta attack the lane until they prove they can stop it. We are acting like they have a shot blocker back there.

upload_2017-11-14_19-54-42.png

Biggest issue I see is waiting too long to attack. So far Iona hasn't proven they can stay in front of our guards. Gotta attack the lane until they prove they can stop it. We are acting like they have a shot blocker back there.
And drive and quit falling in love with the 3, vs a team of little people.

Frank looked good scoring but he should not be running the offense. I recall one sequence where he threw a lazy pass to the key, was stolen and then committed a stupid foul for an and-1 on the ensuing fast break. My TV almost got itself broke on that sequence.

Typical cuse opponent. Banked 3, Steph curry range contested 3 and a hopeful and 1 try that went in. If not for those 3 low pct plays, we are up double digits.
Not to mention the 3 or 4 uncontested, missed bunnies at the basket.

Quick first half thoughts..

Frank looked fantastic.

Brissett looks legit.

Battle was quiet, but we know he's great.

Sidibe/Chukwu looks like a serviceable C rotation.

Thorpe looks like he has promise to bring some scoring off the bench.

Not sure what Moyer does aside from rebound.

Think Sidibe and Chukwu will be more than serviceable. Thinking 15 points, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks per game at least.

Moyer's length is really good. I mean, our length everywhere is really good, but if we go this short of a rotation, we will need his rebounding because Brissett (for as good as he is offensively) does not appear to be a great rebounder yet.

Quick first half thoughts..

Frank looked fantastic.

Brissett looks legit.

Battle was quiet, but we know he's great.

Sidibe/Chukwu looks like a serviceable C rotation.

Thorpe looks like he has promise to bring some scoring off the bench.

Not sure what Moyer does aside from rebound.
This is the most optimistic review I've ever read.

Everytime we get up 7 or 8, Iona buries back to back 3s

Everytime we get up 7 or 8, Iona buries back to back 3s

Difficult and deep shots as well. They clearly have things bouncing their way this game so far. Hopefully law of averages comes in.

It's one and a half guys for Iona. McGill killing it from deep and playing strong D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom