Your Official SU-Louisville Game Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Louisville Game Thread

ZERO points from Gillon and White -- not going to cut it against this caliber of opponent.

Gillon only shoots when teams lay off of him and give him space to shoot. After the Duke game, like after the NC St game, UL playing him tight and he can't shoot.

Did you say that after the Duke game?

The Duke game was a Top 5 most exciting finish in SU history and we will never forget it, but it doesn't change the fact that this season has been truly awful.

Based on this season - Gillon doesn't start penetrating until the 2nd half

He's penetrated but when he gets in the lane he doesn't have a floater and can't go to the rim because Ville has shot blockers.

9 points from 2,000 possessions.
Weigh his productivity/efficiency, factoring in his responsibility. He hasn't been good. I don't agree with 'bashing' him, but you can't really defend him either.
I forgot to mention that his 1 made 3-pointer was off the backboard. Without that and the nice pass from Gillon that set up one of his baskets, he has 2 points.1 true basket.

Pitino smells a #1 seed is in play...so he will press and run the score up as much as he can. We have problems with teams that play aggressive D. The turnovers today are atrocious.

I thought we would shoot better than we have today. It hasn't happened.

I've seen a couple of open looks missed but lots of horrendous shots/forces/one-on-one garbage. Hopefully 2H will be different from a tactical standpoint. This team plays well in the 2H.

This was one of the few games this year SU had little chance to win. Just a bad matchup on the road.

ZERO points from Gillon and White -- not going to cut it against this caliber of opponent.
If White doesn't get his mojo back, we are in deep trouble, and not just this game.

This was one of the few games this year SU had little chance to win. Just a bad matchup on the road.
True. @Ville and @UNC are always are 2 toughest matchups of the year. Ville's defense's always get to us and we are never close to UNC on the boards - all of the other ACC teams we have more than a punchers against

I've seen a couple of open looks missed but lots of horrendous shots/forces/one-on-one garbage. Hopefully 2H will be different from a tactical standpoint. This team plays well in the 2H.

I'm concerned that White has disappeared the past 3 games or so.

If White doesn't get his mojo back, we are in deep trouble, and not just this game.
I'd say White has contracted Cooney late season Cooney disease but he's hardly taking nay shots. Teams are just denying him the ball with tight D and he doesn't move much to get the ball.

Pitino smells a #1 seed is in play...so he will press and run the score up as much as he can. We have problems with teams that play aggressive D. The turnovers today are atrocious.

Precisely why I don't want to see a Cincinnati or WVU type team in the Tourney (assuming we still get there). UL and those teams don't have a Jerome and Guy playing perimeter D.

Is Lydon a scoring option? He can't create his own shot and scores on post moves 1/4 attempts right near the basket. He's a stretch 4 who's scared to shoot.

I'll retract my statement and say I'd rather have him back, yes that was hyperbole, but he's not that good.. Right now, hes a tall guy who can shoot.
My jaw dropped to the floor the first time I saw Lydon in that preseason tourney last season. Thought he would be a star. Sadly, he really hasn't progressed much at all and is still painfully shy - the most frustrating part.

Over/under on pump fakes in 2nd half is set at 10.

How's it even possible to have only 2 players with a made FG after a half?

The Duke game was a Top 5 most exciting finish in SU history and we will never forget it, but it doesn't change the fact that this season has been truly awful.
I agree with that. But this team does not give up. It is hard to call it the most disappointing team ever.

White looked surprised to get the ball on that inbounds. I think he's gotten used to not being open. Not good. Complete rut right now.

That d on Snyder was so bad..

Prob all she wrote with that 3.

Pitino is running a full court press up 23. He's a sleazy person, but I love his basketball mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom