Your OL is sure athletic!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

Your OL is sure athletic!!!!!

ruthetiger

Walk On
I come in peace. I have no words for that horribly played game, but just a few questions.

What's the average size of your OL form tackle to tackle? I noticed that they are terrifically athletic, and looked to have not one ounce of fat. And they can run all over the field. To me they all looked like D Ends rather than OLman. Also, what does Marrone or your SC coach do to make those guys so sleek?

A thought on this game. It was a horrible game, and I seriously thought it was going to be an intense game, but I never expected that outcome. Really wished we had a ground game to complement our passing game.

So it's been 2 straight years of having close contests. I won't wish yo guys luck against Tulane, because you won't need it. You'll mop the floor with them! however good luck the rest of the way.

On a side note, it's a shame that we won't get to play you guys ever again on a consistent basis. The big name you guys have and the tradition you bring still stands in a lot of places (makes me sort of jealous chuckle).

Good luck in the ACC!

I come in peace. I have no words for that horribly played game, but just a few questions.

What's the average size of your OL form tackle to tackle? I noticed that they are terrifically athletic, and looked to have not one ounce of fat. And they can run all over the field. To me they all looked like D Ends rather than OLman. Also, what does Marrone or your SC coach do to make those guys so sleek?

A thought on this game. It was a horrible game, and I seriously thought it was going to be an intense game, but I never expected that outcome. Really wished we had a ground game to complement our passing game.

So it's been 2 straight years of having close contests. I won't wish yo guys luck against Tulane, because you won't need it. You'll mop the floor with them! however good luck the rest of the way.

On a side note, it's a shame that we won't get to play you guys ever again on a consistent basis. The big name you guys have and the tradition you bring still stands in a lot of places (makes me sort of jealous chuckle).

Good luck in the ACC!

No denying it. Our OL is mediocre at best. But, your QBs flat out suck.

Good luck in the ACC!
very classy post Tiger - congrats on the win Saturday and good luck going forward

Not sure what to say about the OL - I'm glad they look good, because their results aren't very impressive.

Good luck in the ACC!
I think LT Pugh is about 300, Hay, the RT is around 285, McPherson, the mobile but undersized center is about 265, OGs Chibane is 295 or so and Tiller is around 330. Doug Marrone's background is with the OL and he has spent a lot of time and energy getting the players he has as mobile and agile as possible. They have made great strides this year after a slow start. It is a young unit that should be really good next season.

thanks...I thought Nova had great poise for a true freshman

Good luck in the ACC!

Thanks for the classy post.

Our O-Line does some things well and other things not so well, but given their undersize at a number of spots, they are better than I expected they'd be this year... and athleticism and solid technique has to be part of it.

One of our biggest problems is our center, @ 265 lbs., is just too small for short yardage blocking packages... and as was blantantly obvious in our game with you, we can't run a QB sneak with him at center due to his undersize...

And in a mistake filled game, that deficiency factored in to our loss along with a host of other mistakes and missteps...

Good luck for the rest of the season... Tell Al we hope to play you guys again in the near future!

I think LT Pugh is about 300, Hay, the RT is around 285, McPherson, the mobile but undersized center is about 265, OGs Chibane is 295 or so and Tiller is around 330. Doug Marrone's background is with the OL and he has spent a lot of time and energy getting the players he has as mobile and agile as possible. They have made great strides this year after a slow start. It is a young unit that should be really good next season.

Here is the O-Line of a top 10 team - Wisconsin:
LT - 6'6" - 320 lbs
LG - 6'4" - 330 lbs
C - 6'5" - 315 lbs
RG - 6'4" - 320 lbs
RT - 6'7" - 345 lbs

Wisconsin has around 35 lbs per person more than SU which means another 175 lbs of push at the line of scrimmage let alone 50 lbs at center. We have a glaring weakness in height and weight the center position (Trudo is listed at 6'4", 300 lbs).

As my wife states - size wins over performance any day!

LT - 6'6" - 320 lbs
LG - 6'4" - 330 lbs
C - 6'5" - 315 lbs
RG - 6'4" - 320 lbs
RT - 6'7" - 345 lbs

Wisconsin has around 35 lbs per person more than SU which means another 175 lbs of push at the line of scrimmage let alone 50 lbs at center. We have a glaring weakness in height and weight the center position (Trudo is listed at 6'4", 300 lbs).

The Badgers have always made huge OL's a priority and they probably are above average size for Top 10 teams.

The guys from Madison always seem to feature premier rushing attacks, monster OL's and those linemen do a great job of protecting their QB. I watched them thoroughly dismantle then #8 Nebraska the other night. If the B10 had more ranked teams for the Badgers to play, they might very well have gotten serious consideration for the NC game. They still could if some teams at the top falter.

The Badgers have always made huge OL's a priority and they probably are above average size for Top 10 teams.

The guys from Madison always seem to feature premier rushing attacks, monster OL's and those linemen do a great job of protecting their QB. I watched them thoroughly dismantle then #8 Nebraska the other night. If the B10 had more ranked teams for the Badgers to play, they might very well have gotten serious consideration for the NC game. They still could if some teams at the top falter.

for me its a 4 team race right now Bama, LSU. Wisky and OK a step behind but Wisky has The QB who may just be special enough to take them to a BCS title game. Clemson playing damn well too. But the SEC is the SEC

for me its a 4 team race right now Bama, LSU. Wisky and OK a step behind but Wisky has The QB who may just be special enough to take them to a BCS title game. Clemson playing damn well too. But the SEC is the SEC
this year the SEC West is the SEC and the SEC East is a bunch of average teams - but LSU and Alabama are ridiculous. Watching Alabama play isn't even any fun b/c they're just so much better than the other teams

it's unfortunate and getting really dull, but looks like another SEC national champ this year :(

You know, I brought this up on the RU premium forum, and I mentioned Wiscy and their OL.

For years, even when they were mediocre, they were able to overpower, even some of the best teams they lined up against. When I watched what they did to a physically tough Nebraska team, I really couldn't believe what I was watching. By the middle of the 3rd qt, even though it didn't look like it, Nebraska's front 7 just plain Q-U-I-T! But As I watched the game, it dawned on me, that too many coaches, year in and year out, don't place an emphasis on recruiting quality OL big riggers with attitude. Wiscy's emphasis has always been to recruit in the trenches first, and then everything will work itself out in the end. We all saw the results on national tv.

FWIW, The past few recruiting seasons, NJ has had some really great skill position athletes, but not a lot of grunts in the trenches. This season and the next few, the NE will have a multitude of tench guys to go along with the skill guys. For some reason, Ru has a lot of the skill guys but not the trench guys on the OL side. Schiano, has been able to recruit some very good DL guys, and take it fwiw, the OL is pretty young (aside from 1 or 2 spots). Most of the OL is either true frosh or sophs, so I feel your pain guys. But it seems to me that you guys have a real decent OL, that is really going to improve with a taskmaster like Marrone. And seriously, from what I saw, they're developing his mentality.

I was also particularly impressed with the support that the OL gave Bailey, despite the production, that fumble was the game. That was some support they gave their teammate. Now that was sportsmanship. I could see that he felt down, but that young man did what he could to keep his team in the game. S#$T happens. As much as I would like to say that I enjoyed the game, I would be lying! I have never seen SU play so poorly, and really I am ashamed that our guys played just as poorly. I was seriously looking forward to a very entertaining game, that would have been a defensive struggle.

I know that some people don't want to see this, and would love to be rid of this series, but I seriously hope that that these 2 institutions, maintain some level of playing every year, when you guys go. I've been waiting to see games llike these between RU and SU, for a long time. In an area like this (the NE), it is very necessary.

LT - 6'6" - 320 lbs
LG - 6'4" - 330 lbs
C - 6'5" - 315 lbs
RG - 6'4" - 320 lbs
RT - 6'7" - 345 lbs

Does NY even grow guys that big??? I can't remember SU having even two lineman with that size.

The OL might be more athletic than they have in the past, but they make alot of mistakes and don't give Nassib enough time to make the right throws. We rank in the bottom quintile of the country in offensive production... I think that says alot.

Alvarez talked about that last week on the radio. He said that when he started there, they felt they'd have a hard time recruiting skill guys to Wisconsin so they went all out for linemen, figuring that would be the fastest way to becoming competitive.

LT - 6'6" - 320 lbs
LG - 6'4" - 330 lbs
C - 6'5" - 315 lbs
RG - 6'4" - 320 lbs
RT - 6'7" - 345 lbs

That's not just the OL of a top 10 team. That's the 5th biggest OL in ALL of football, college or PRO! That's a bad comparison for just about anyone. It was in this week's SI, UGa had the biggest, followed by the Bengals and Chargers, then Texas Tech followed by Wisconsin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom