Your Regular Season MVPs? | Syracusefan.com

Your Regular Season MVPs?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Offense: Oronde

Defense: Marlowe Wax

With Wax and Carter back I think we can win the ACC next year.

No we can't. We still aren't deep enough and where is the
size on the d line? Not to mention that we will still make the
same mistakes in game and clock management. And still be
lacking on the o-line.

No we can't. We still aren't deep enough and where is the
size on the d line? Not to mention that we will still make the
same mistakes in game and clock management. And still be
lacking on the o-line.
Well, hopefully size will only increase from here. We have talent on the DL with Lockett, JT, Jobity, Steve and Caleb. Just force em to get bigger.

I think/hope we’ll see a lot of portal movement. And not that theres anyone I could point to and wish would leave, there will be trimming.

Don’t forget, we get Thompson back.

Bergeron for Offense

Jones for Defense

Unsung hero for Darton for his effort on the DL

Jones has leadership but he did not have the impact that he had in prior seasons. He wasn't the playmaker that he was in the past. Wax made more plays this year.

O I think has to be Shrader. When he was 90% our O looked good. When he wasn't or was out, our O looked inept.

Jones has leadership but he did not have the impact that he had in prior seasons. He wasn't the playmaker that he was in the past. Wax made more plays this year.

O I think has to be Shrader. When he was 90% our O looked good. When he wasn't or was out, our O looked inept.

Shrader was my 2nd choice but he's definitely worthy of being the MVP

Offense: Shrader. This offense isn't functional without his huge step taken this year.

Defense: The entire LB core.

Not to mention that we will still make the same mistakes in game and clock management.
Dino should hire or empower a staffer (non assistant) who manages timeouts, replay reviews and knows the rule book inside and out (chapter and verse, with complete understanding in a moment's notice!).

As for the timeouts, many here have spoken to Beck doing this well in the past, but he has duties when the defense is on the field: tending to Schrader/QBs, speaking to Anae, etc.

The game happens too fast down on the field. The viewpoint is often less than optimal.
This is a job for someone in the booth. And Dino has to follow this person's word.

I am not sure of what the rules are in college football as to who can be in the booth (it is very strict in the NFL), but this the evolution of the game. Wildhack needs to help get Dino on track and help establish this program as "modern."

I am not one of the doom and gloomers -- and i wish this was not the case -- but we are not a good enough program to allow pride, neglect or Homer Smith's viewpoints from 1967 to hold us back. We need to do the smaller things really, really well.

Wax - D

Shrader - O

This team's fortunes rose and fell with Shrader. It's a completely (neutered) offense when he is banged up and can't make plays with his legs. When he is healthy and playing with swagger, it felt like the O could not be stopped.

Though the outcomes might not have been much different given our other injuries on D, I really would have liked to play that stretch of FSU-->Wake over with a 100% Shrader, Thompson, Williams and Jones.

Dino should hire or empower a staffer (non assistant) who manages timeouts, replay reviews and knows the rule book inside and out (chapter and verse, with complete understanding in a moment's notice!).

As for the timeouts, many here have spoken to Beck doing this well in the past, but he has duties when the defense is on the field: tending to Schrader/QBs, speaking to Anae, etc.

The game happens too fast down on the field. The viewpoint is often less than optimal.
This is a job for someone in the booth. And Dino has to follow this person's word.

I am not sure of what the rules are in college football as to who can be in the booth (it is very strict in the NFL), but this the evolution of the game. Wildhack needs to help get Dino on track and help establish this program as "modern."

I am not one of the doom and gloomers -- and i wish this was not the case -- but we are not a good enough program to allow pride, neglect or Homer Smith's viewpoints from 1967 to hold us back. We need to do the smaller things really, really well.
This same message was posted on this board a bunch of times last year.
And probably the year before.
I’m hoping another year of Anae and Beck will fix a lot of these issues.

On defense, I thought it was Caleb, Marlowe, or Mikel. I think it is Mikel, because from the Coach to players, they said he was the heartbeat of the defense.

On offense, I think in this age of football, you either have a QB or your not winning. Garrett is my pick.

D - Darton - We are so thin at DL I have no clue what our season would look like without some of the monster plays he made. Other players probably stood out more in the box score but I feel he might have been our most important player on that side of the ball.

O - Gadson - In my opinion I expected a lot more from the offensive side of the ball. The group was a major letdown especially considering how we started the season. I didn’t want to pick anyone but it’s been a while since we had a young emerging go to WR so I will go with Gadson.

The fans are the real MVP - for watching great play/coaching and abysmal play/coaching and sticking with it for one more year. I accept this award and want to give a big shout out to my family, the gods and alcohol for helping me get here.

Offense: GS. If he doesn’t get injured I think we see a difference 2nd half of season also.

Offense runner up: Gadsden with breakout season.

Defense: Jones. As good a leader on Defense that we ever had.

Defense runner up: Darton is a warrior. He brought it every game against guys outweighing him by 40 to 70 pounds. You can’t teach what he has.

Offensive MVP is clearly Shrader. The O simply couldn’t function without him.

Defensive MVP is a pick ‘em, but I’ll go with Jones. The heart of a very good unit (when healthy). His presence also allowed several others to shine.

We got 8 or 9 transfers last year. Hoping for the same this year with focus on d-line.

Question - is our style of defense unattractive to defensive tackle recruits? Seems like you are just asked to take on double teams every play but maybe thats normal. Also, recognize lots of other schools are running the 335 now.

I'll also go with Shrader and Jones with wax right there behind him. I'd also like to nominate Damien Alford for most improved player.

Also Thompson. I think he woulda helped a lot when playing the running teams.