Edfromsodus

Scout Team
My favorites:

1) Derrick Coleman
2) Sherman Douglas
3) Gerry McNamara
4) Lawrence Moten
5) Carmelo Anthony

However, Buddy Boeheim is quickly climbing the ranks! The kid can flat out shoot it. Reminds me a little of Andy Rautins, Jimmy B, and Larry Bird all rolled into one.

We love you Buddy!!!

Greg Davis?

Just looked him up on orangehoops. Didn’t know where he ended up. North Carolina A&T. Averaged 2.9 ppg as a junior and 1.8 as a senior.

Just looked him up on orangehoops. Didn’t know where he ended up. North Carolina A&T. Averaged 2.9 ppg as a junior and 1.8 as a senior.

Yeah. Imagine hearing that you’re getting a big man transfer from SU and his career numbers are...that.

Yeah. Imagine hearing that you’re getting a big man transfer from SU and his career numbers are...that.

So he barely played in 00-01. Redshirted in 01-02. And transferred because of a lack of playing time according to orangehoops. Wonder if he regrets that. He could’ve been on the roster of a national title team, instead he was averaging 2 ppg at NC A&T.

My favorites:

1) Derrick Coleman
2) Sherman Douglas
3) Gerry McNamara
4) Lawrence Moten
5) Carmelo Anthony

However, Buddy Boeheim is quickly climbing the ranks! The kid can flat out shoot it. Reminds me a little of Andy Rautins, Jimmy B, and Larry Bird all rolled into one.

We love you Buddy!!!

Pearl, DC, Moten, Melo, Rautins

Honorable mentions: GMAC, Hak, Fab Melo, Dion, Rafael, Santifer, CJ, DNic, Rakeem

probably the worst scholarship player in boeheim's tenure
Mike Jones
Mookie Jones
Geno Thorpe
Devin Brennan McBride
Brandon Reese
topping a list like this should be the man, the myth, the legend . . . .

mark konecny

My favorites:

1) Derrick Coleman
2) Sherman Douglas
3) Gerry McNamara
4) Lawrence Moten
5) Carmelo Anthony
i've got to put andy, wes and arinze in my top 5 because that team was both so good and so fun to watch and they were the guys who took it to the next level

rounding it out will be stevie and melo

Last edited:
We’ve had a lot of good basketball players to watch. Very fortunate as a program.

I started to write my list and just wanted to keep going. I stopped, but wanted it to roll on...

Wes
GMac
Hak
Moten
Melo

5a) There was a lot of players from the past decade or 2/3 that I really enjoyed.
Flynn
CJ
KJ
MCW
Rautins
Arinze
Rick J was very skilled around the basket (even if he never dunked)
Devo & Scoop
Rak

And this doesn’t even mention the 80’s/90’s stalwarts really and the early 2000’s guy’s post NC.

You forget as time goes on just how many good teams have rolled out the door. Some underachieved, some overachieved. But almost all of them had pretty strong seasons to look back on.

This was a fun exercise.

I get it that Melo belongs on MOST top 5 Orange hoops lists, but I have a hard time putting him on this one when we only got 1 year from him...those 4 year guys that we got to enjoy for what, 75-80 games in the Dome is where I’m going:

Pearl
DC
Moten
CJ
Gmac

Edit: I may have misunderstood the OP, so yea, Melo belongs, but my 5 are most enjoyable to watch IN the Dome all time.

I get it that Melo belongs on MOST top 5 Orange hoops lists, but I have a hard time putting him on this one when we only got 1 year from him...those 4 year guys that we got to enjoy for what, 75-80 games in the Dome is where I’m going:

Pearl
DC
Moten
CJ
Gmac

I hear you. Though Melo has very visibly supported the program ever since, and contributed financially to help the program. If you’re looking at off court stuff, that certainly helps.

As a player I loved the feeling that we had the best player on the floor. I was so confident that season because of that. I wasn’t even nervous for Texas and Kansas. Just excited. Felt like we were winning no matter what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom