Your top three lineups | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your top three lineups

Not sure I see his scoring potential.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpage/2152792

I hope he has improved significantly and can be all that folks on here want him to be, but his past performance doesn't indicate a great ability to score. The block rate was good though.
Was talking about the scoring potential around him, Lydon/White/Gillon/Battle/Roberson etc. etc.

He doesn't need to score he just need to be a defensive presence. If he can rebound well thats jut a massive bonus.

Wonder how a lineup of

Gillon
White
Lydon
Roberson
Thompson

Would do

I'm taking this to mean the 3 best lineups not a prediction for who starts.

Gillon
Battle
White
Roberson
Lydon

Battle
White
Roberson
Lydon
Chukwu

Howard
Battle
White
Lydon
Chukwu

I doubt we see much of Lydon at the 5 assuming Chukwu is as good as advertised and Coleman is healthy. It would be pretty cool though. I also like the idea of Battle and White up top with the Tylers and Chukwu. We would have so much size on defense and multiple scoring options. The last lineup is just a pick of lineups that I think will get used a good amount.

Think with the athleticism, length and scoring potential around him all he needs to do is be 7'2 with his arms up in the middle of the zone. I don't think he's a better center. I just think he gives our zone a more formidable appearance and possibly performance as well.

I think Coleman obviously starts. But I think Chukwu's potential defensive impact defending around the rim outweighs what offense and rebounding Coleman has shown.

Basically, I think a zone with lydon/Chukwu/Roberson is more formidable than Lydon/coleman/Roberson. Neither center will impact much offensively unless Coleman unleashes some of that big man potential.

They'll probably split minute like Keita and Christmas.
I agree with the Keita/Christmas comparison. Do you think we see Lydon at the 5 at all against teams without great bigs. Imagine having Lydon, Roberson and White in the front court with Battle and Gillon in the back. Talk about athletic scoring lineup.

Not so fast. I hear he looks great.

I think he made two three-point shots all of last year, and shot 25% from the field overall. No way he starts.

Not so fast. I hear he looks great.

If White starts over Lydon, how can you not start Gillon over Frank? I could see Frank averaging more minutes, but...

If White starts over Lydon, how can you not start Gillon over Frank? I could see Frank averaging more minutes, but...

I just don't see it. Gillon is a 5th year guy with proven success at the college level.

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again, I think Frank will be a contributor down the road, but good court vision and really not much else that was average or above doesn't give you minutes. I think he'll be a solid 4 year guy for us but I don't understand the orange boner over him. Outside of his court vision (which I think is INCREDIBLY overrated on this board), he was beyond awful last season and a liability on the court, but it was literally either him or Joseph. Not trying to rain on everyone's parade, I just don't see it this year for him, based on what I saw from him last year, he has a long long long way to go to even be a starter at this level.

I just don't see it. Gillon is a 5th year guy with proven success at the college level.

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again, I think Frank will be a contributor down the road, but good court vision and really not much else that was average or above doesn't give you minutes. I think he'll be a solid 4 year guy for us but I don't understand the orange boner over him. Outside of his court vision (which I think is INCREDIBLY overrated on this board), he was beyond awful last season and a liability on the court, but it was literally either him or Joseph. Not trying to rain on everyone's parade, I just don't see it this year for him, based on what I saw from him last year, he has a long long long way to go to even be a starter at this level.

I agree with everything you and Matt said, but I trust Dash so trying to understand his thinking...

Hetes a few variations

Starting lineup:
Gillon, white, lydon, Roberson, coleman

Fast break/pressing lineup:
Gillon, battle, white, roberson, lydon

Big lineup:
Howard, white, lydon, Roberson, chukwu

Best overall lineup balancing offense and defense :
Gillon, battle, lydon, Roberson, chukwu

I agree with your starting lineup, but I think I'd prefer Chukwu as a defensive stopper in the middle. However, there's no way Boeheim doesn't start Coleman, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom