Your Week 3 ACC Football Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Your Week 3 ACC Football Thread...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
CsadDA0XgAAxUeB.jpg

I really hope that by 3:30, Louisville has reached their 600th yard and 40th point against FSU because they are an unstoppable machine.

Intriguing games with Miami visiting the other Mountaineers, and Pitt following up PSU with a trip to face an angry team in Stillwater.

Chip said:
I really hope that by 3:30, Louisville has reached their 600th yard and 40th point against FSU because they are an unstoppable machine. Intriguing games with Miami visiting the other Mountaineers, and Pitt following up PSU with a trip to face an angry team in Stillwater.

Take FSU and lay the 1 or 2 points.

Unbelievable that a top 10 match up gets the 12pm time slot Oh Lord c'mon ACC - try to have some influence on the networks...

Agreed. But, despite the rankings, it's a mixture of the what else is network "worthy" this week and being the East Coast P5 conference. More the former since the other two "hot" games this weekend that ABC is airing are Oregon vs Nebraska and USC vs Stanford. Still, FSU is the without doubt the biggest draw and also the highest ranked of those involved, so it does make it a little frustrating.

Cheers,
Neil

Agreed. But, despite the rankings, it's a mixture of the what else is network "worthy" this week and being the East Coast P5 conference. More the former since the other two "hot" games this weekend that ABC is airing are Oregon vs Nebraska and USC vs Stanford. Still, FSU is the without doubt the biggest draw and also the highest ranked of those involved, so it does make it a little frustrating.

Cheers,
Neil

Did they not want to compete with Ohio State @ Oklahoma on Fox? Yes, frustrating. I'm sure Louisville fans are feeling that.

I just read that Gameday will do 9 am to 11 am outside the stadium and 11 to 12 inside. Guess they had to. Would be weird to have their final picks segment with only a few holdouts still outside.

Did they not want to compete with Ohio State @ Oklahoma on Fox? Yes, frustrating. I'm sure Louisville fans are feeling that.

I just read that Gameday will do 9 am to 11 am outside the stadium and 11 to 12 inside. Guess they had to. Would be weird to have their final picks segment with only a few holdouts still outside.

All three of the ABC games this Saturday would have a hard beating out the Ohio State @ Oklahoma game, and perhaps to a lesser extent the MSU @ ND game on NBC. Also not sure any of them would beat out the CBS 3:30 slot with Alabama @ Ole Miss. Still, ABC has volume. They will have three games to each of the other networks' one.

Cheers,
Neil

The FSU-Louisville game is at 12pm because ESPN didn't know UL would be top 10. The first 3 weeks gametimes are decided before the season starts. If ESPN knew it would be a top 10 battle it would have been scheduled for night and primetime.

ESPN is sending its A team to broadcast this game so they just made a mistake.

The big game for the conference is Miami-App State. Boone is a tough place to win and the ACC needs top 25 teams. If Miami wins they will likely be undefeated for FSU in a few weeks. I actually like the points tomorrow. FSU is without their best player in the secondary in Kerwin James. I think Louisville will score on that D. I thought Ole Miss dominated FSU in the first game and just fell apart in 5 minutes and gave the game away.

I like Louisville tomorrow.

The 11am hour is inside because Herbie is calling the game and they want to make it easy for him to get upstairs and call the game.

The Ohio State-Oklahoma game is on FOX because ESPN and FOX split the Big 12 rights and ESPN used its first pick to select the Oklahoma-Texas. Thus FOX having the 2nd pick took Ohio State-Oklahoma. ESPN passed on this game to protect having the Red River Rivalry game which is the Big XII's top rating game on its platform.

Unbelievable that a top 10 match up gets the 12pm time slot Oh Lord c'mon ACC - try to have some influence on the networks...

Ohio St./Michigan game is routinely at 12:00 PM

The FSU-Louisville game is at 12pm because ESPN didn't know UL would be top 10. The first 3 weeks gametimes are decided before the season starts. If ESPN knew it would be a top 10 battle it would have been scheduled for night and primetime.

ESPN is sending its A team to broadcast this game so they just made a mistake.

The big game for the conference is Miami-App State. Boone is a tough place to win and the ACC needs top 25 teams. If Miami wins they will likely be undefeated for FSU in a few weeks. I actually like the points tomorrow. FSU is without their best player in the secondary in Kerwin James. I think Louisville will score on that D. I thought Ole Miss dominated FSU in the first game and just fell apart in 5 minutes and gave the game away.

I like Louisville tomorrow.

I think App St. wins this game.

Ohio St./Michigan game is routinely at 12:00 PM
The Big Ten once the calendar hits November doesn't allow football games outdoors to start at night.
That is why Ohio State- Michigan is never at night is always at 12 or 3:30. It is a conference mandate.

fsu louisville was decided for a noon slot back in early summer

I hope FSU smashes Louisville. Anyone that seriously thinks they own the ACC because they beat us in our current state is in need of an attitude adjustment.
A Louisville win will slightly ease the pain of last week's ass-kicking. I am not optimistic though. At least according to recruiting rankings, there should still be a large talent gap between FLorida State and Louisville.

fsu louisville was decided for a noon slot back in early summer

Yeah, I saw alsacs say first 3 weeks are pre-determined.

Still don't really get the decision. I mean, FSU was starting the year Top 5, Louisville was no doubt going to start 2-0 and you already knew they'd have one of the most explosive QBs in football.

But I guess the dream of USC someday returning to their Pete Carroll days (with a first time head coach) was just too big to pass up?

Oh well. I'm going out Saturday night anyway, so I have a better chance of catching the game at noon.

A Louisville win will slightly ease the pain of last week's ass-kicking. I am not optimistic though. At least according to recruiting rankings, there should still be a large talent gap between FLorida State and Louisville.
Normally I'm in the I-hope-they-win-because-they-beat-us camp, but, since FSU plays us too, it negates it for me. The post game interview with Jackson was a unique mix of arrogance and lack of intelligence on a level I don't often see. That, taking a picture after the game, claiming ownership of the ACC, and Petrino make me really dislike them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom